Price (Per FT.)
Solid and stranded (classes AA and A) bare copper are suitable for overhead transmission and distribution applications.
Stranded conductor of greater flexibility (classes B and C) are suitable for uninsulated hook up, jumpers, and grounds in
electrical construction. Soft Drawn copper is unilay construction.
• B-1 Hard-Drawn Copper Wire.
• B-2 Medium-Hard Copper Wire.
• B-3 Soft or Annealed Copper Wire.
• B-8 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Hard, Medium-Hard or Soft Copper Conductor.
• B-33 Tinned Conductors
• B-787 19 Wire Combination Unilay-Stranded Soft copper wire.
Bare copper, solid or stranded. Available in tempers hard, medium-hard, or soft. Stranded conductors are concentrically
stranded in hard and medium-hard tempers and are Combination Unilay stranded in the soft-drawn temper.
Bare Copper 19 Stranded Conductor
This cable is especially suited for overhead transmission and distribution of power applications. Depending on you preferences this cable can be available in either solid or stranded options which is of class AA and A. The 19-wire concentric lay cable has an outstanding ability to function in outdoor applications with minimal interferences.
Just like most of other types of bare copper wire cables, this cable has only a copper conductor which is either solid or stranded. The copper strands are in concentric rope lay which is in accordance to ASTM B-3 and B-8. The strands are in both hard and medium to hard tempers. The strands allow the copper wire to carry more current from one point to another. It also increases its flex life which makes it easy to transport and install in constricted areas. The conductors are combined in to unilay strands and soft drawn tempers.
Advantages of 7-wire concentric lay bare wire
• It has enhanced flexibility compared to other copper wires due to the copper strands
• The cable is robust hence resistant to harsh environments
• It is cheap and affordable hence you don’t need to dig deep down your pocket to purchase a roll
• It can be used in heavy duty applications since it can transmit large amounts of current
• It is not affected by changes in temperature
The cable has the following certifications
• ASTM B-3 and B-8
• UL Listed
It is used in overhead transmission and distribution applications, jumpers, uninsulated hook ups and ground for electrical construction.