Armorlite ® Type MC Cable - "flame retardant sunlight resistant PVC Jacket" is suitable for use as follows:
• Direct burial applications, installation in concrete and where exposed to cinder fills, strong chlorides, caustic alkalis, or
vapors of chlorine or of hydrochloric acids.
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• As aerial cable on a messenger.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
Armorlite ® Type MC Cable - "PVC Jacketed" is constructed with soft-drawn, copper Type THHN/THWN-2
conductors rated 90°C wet or dry, and a bare copper grounding conductor for sizes 1/0 AWG and larger. The conductors are
cabled together and a binder tape is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the
assembly. A black, flame retardant, sunlight resistant, PVC jacket is applied over the armor. The jacket is available in blue or
gray colors upon request, subject to economic order quantities. Standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke or LS
Rating". Optional SOLONON Jacket can be provided for "LS" Rating.