Price (Per FT.)
- Designed for use on power or control circuits
- Can be installed in cable tray, wire ways, racks, or buried directly
- This cable has three symmetrically placed grounds to reduce problems associated with pulse-width modulated AC drives
- Suitable for VFD applications.
- Suitable for exposure to hazardous locations, Type MC-HL for Classes I, II, and III Division 1 and 2
- UL 44, XHHW-2
- UL 1309 Marine Shipboard
- UL 1569 Type MC and UL 2225 Type MC-HL
- UL 1581
- Designated Type MC as per NEC Article 334
- IEEE 1202 available upon request
- Color Code for 6 AWG and smaller:
- Conductor 1 | Black
- Conductor 2 | Red
- Conductor 3 | Blue
- Conductor 4 | Orange
MCHL Corrugated & Welded VFD Cable
MC-HL refers to Metal Clad Hazardous Location. The MCHL VFD Cable is armored with an interlocking strip for mechanical protection. Continuously Corrugated and Welded (CCW) armor is moisture and sunlight resistant. This cable is meant to serve in both wet and dry locations. It offers self-support for vertical installation.
Type MC-HL CCW Cable measures 10 AWG and ten feet long. It is either made of bare annealed copper as per ASTM B3, or small stranded compressed Class B copper conductors in accordance to ASTM B8. Copper is a good electrical conductor thanks to its low power resistance. Annealing of conductors involves heating them and allowing them to cool. This makes them soft and malleable without interfering with their electrical conductive properties. Soft copper conductors are flexible and thus easy to terminate during installation.
Approvals and Certifications
• Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 1581
• UL 44, XHHW-2
• UL 1569 type MC & UL 2225 type MC-HL
• UL 1309 marine shipboard
• IEEE 1202
• Designated type MC in accordance to NEC Article 334
The conductors are insulated with the cross linked polyethylene type XHHW in accordance to UL 44. XLPE is non-conducting thus creates a boundary between the conductors to prevent short circuiting. It also ensures that the handler is safe from electric shocks when handling the cable. Cross linked polyethylene is moisture and sunlight resistant.
CCW Armored VFD Cable is jacketed with a black polyvinyl chloride. The PVC is tough and can withstand abrasive conditions. Polyvinyl chloride is non-biodegradable. This means that it can withstand fungal attacks even when installed through direct burial.
• AC drives
• Control circuits
• IED and mine detectors
• Advanced radar systems
• Ground combat vehicle
• Communication equipment