Price (Per FT.)
1. Conductor: Stranded tinned copper.
2. Insulation: Extruded irradiation cross-linked polyalkene with irradiated Kynar ® insulation jacket, (single conductors per MIL-W-81044/12).
3. Pair: Two conductors twisted to form pair.
4. Shield: Shielded with braided tinned copper, plus a tape shield isolation.
5. Assembly: The required number of pairs cabled consecutively, (Overall binder tape).
6. Overall Jacket: Cross-linked polyolefin, surface marking.
2XSA, same construction with braided aluminum armor.
2XSO, same construction as 2XS with overall braided tinned copper shield.
Ratings and Approvals:
• Mil Spec: Mil-DTL-24640/9D
• Navy Specs:
2XS - Unarmored
2XSA - Armored
2XSO - Shielded
• Voltage Rating: 600 Volts
• Temperature Rating: 105°C
These cables are 55 ohm individually shielded multipair constructions suitable for nonwatertight, nonflexing service. They are available both with and without armor and an overall shield. They may be used to provide shielded circuits for combat s stems, interior communications, lighting, and power, where shielding of 400Hz (e.g., synchro, pulse, scale voltage) is required. The overall shielding of Type 2XSO conforms to the surface transfer impedance and EMP res(>onse re uirements of the s ecification.