Sizes 3-23 AWG:
1. Conductor: Stranded bare copper
2. Insulation: Extruded silicone rubber
3. Cover: Glass braid
4. Identification: Standard identification code by Method 1
5. Assembly: Four conductors cabled with filled and binder or combination binder/barrier
6. Overall Jacket: Cross-linked polyolefin LSZH jacket, surface marking
7. Ampacity: Calculated at 60 Hz AC (rms) or DC for 75°C conductor temperature
Sizes 50-400: Same construction except silicone rubber – glass tape insulation, no glass braid or braid covering. Letter identification code by Method 5. LSFSGA, same construction with overall braided aluminum armor.
Type LSFSGU/A cables are four conductor either armored or unarmored. They are watertight and meet the one-hour fire electrical circuit integrity requirements of this specification. These cables may be used for power, lighting or weapon control system interconnection, except where unusual circuit parameters require a special type of cable. They are also used for degaussing applications.