1. Conductor: Stranded tin-coated copper
2. Insulation: Ethylene propylene rubber or cross-linked polyethylene
3. Identification: Standard identification by Method 1
4. Assembly: Fourteen conductors cabled consecutively, binder tape.
5. Overall Jacket: Cross-linked polyolefin LSZH jacket, surface marking
LSMA, same construction with overall braided aluminum armor.
LSMUS, same construction as LSMU, with double overall shield.
• Mil Spec: M24643/29
• Navy Specs:
LSMU - Unarmored
LSMA - Armored
LSMUS - Shielded
Type LSMU/A/S type cables are multiconductor, suitable for non-watertight, non-flexing service. They may be used for power, lighting, interior communication, weapons control and electronic systems, except where circuit parameters require special types of cable.