Price (Per FT.)
1. Conductor: Stranded bare copper.
2. Insulation: Composite tape wrapped insulation consisting of mica-glass, Polyimide tape (Kapton•), and Polyimide-FEP tape with Polyimide coating.
3. Assembly: Two conducto rs twisted, Overall binder tape.
4. Overall Jacket: Cross-linked polyolefin, surface marking.
DXWA, same construction with braided aluminum armor.
DXOW, same construction as DXW with overall braided tinned copper shield.
5. Approvals and Ratings:
• Navy Specs:
DXW - Unarmored
DXWA - Armored
DXOW - Shielded
• Mil Spec: MIL-C-24640/19
• Temperature Rating: 150°C
• Voltage Rating: 600 volts
These two conductor power cables are suitable for watertight (25 psi), nonflexing service. They are available with or without armor or an overall shield. They may be used for power or control applications except where unusual circuit parameters (e.g., audio or radio frequency, microphone, syncho, etc.) require a special type of cable. These constructions meet the 1-hour flame circuit integrity requirement of this specification and the overall shielding of type DXOW conforms to the surface transfer impedance and EMP response requirements of the specification.