Price (Per FT.)
1. Conductor: Stranded tinned copper.
2. Insulation: Extruded irradiation cross-linked polyalkene with irradiated Kynar® insulation jacket, (s ingle conductors per MIL-W-81044/12).
3. Shield: Two conductors twisted to form pair, shielded with braided tinned copper, plus a tape shield isolation.
4. Assembly: The required number of pairs cabled consecutively, (Overall binder tape).
5. Overall Jacket: Cross-linked polyolefin, surface marking. 2XSWA, same construction with braided aluminum armor. 2XSOW, same construction as 2XSW with overall braided tinned copper shield.
These cables are 45 ohm individually shielded multipair constructions suitable for watertight (25 psi), nonflexing service. They are available both with and without armor or an overall shield. They may be used to provide shielded circuits for combat systems, interior communications, lighting, and power, where shielding of 400Hz (e.g., synchro, pulse, scale voltage) is required. The overall shielding of Type 2XSOW conforms to the surface impedance and EMP response requirements of the specification.
MIL-DTL-24640/16 (M24640) shipboard cable is a lightweight, low smoke cable that was designed with added safety in mind and is used by the United States Navy for specific marine applications. There are many configurations of this cable available. All are constructed with an irradiated low smoke cross-linked polyolefin jacket and manufactured without halogens, asbestos, or mercury.