Price (Per FT.)
Okonite C-L-X multiple pair or triad type P-OS instrumentation cables are designed for use on Class 1 Remote-Control Signaling circuits or where a 600V cable is desired, as instrumentation, process control, or computer cable transmitting signals at levels above 100 milli-volts in circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required. For use indoors or outdoors; wet or dry locations; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; for direct burial ; in Classes I, II, and III, Divisions 1 and 2 and Class I, Zones 1 and 2 hazardous locations per NEC Articles 501, 502, 503 and 505. Listed by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) as CWCMC-MC-HL and by UL as Marine Shipboard. Also for use as non power limited fire protective signaling cable (NPLF) per NEC Code 760.
The overall shield eliminates most of the static interference from the electric field radiated by power cables and other electrical equipment.
The C-L-X sheath provides the physical protection against mechanical damage as required in NEC Section 725-18 as well as complete protection against moisture or gases entering the cable.
For dc service in wet locations, X-Olene insulation having an overall aluminum C-L-X armor construction is recommended.
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Flame-retardant, radiation-resistant Okozel, a modified ETFE fluoropolymer. Cable meets or exceeds requirements for UL Standards 13 and 2250.
Insulation Jacket: Nylon per UL 83, 4 mils nominal thickness.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, white and red in triads.
Assembly: Pairs or triads assembled with a 1½”-2 ½” left-hand lay. Flame-retardant, non-wicking fillers included where required to provide a round cable, polyester tape overall.
Cable Shield: Aluminum-nylon-polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand coated copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Inner Jacket: Black, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standard 1569. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
C-L-X Sheath: A close-fitting, impervious, continuously welded and corrugated, aluminum sheath meeting UL 1569 provides complete protection against moisture,liquids, and gases, has excellent mechanical strength, and provides equipment grounding through the sheath
Outer Jacket: Black, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standard 1569.
Classifications: UL Listed as Type MC-HL Articles 501, 502, and 503 of the National Electrical Code. These cables comply with UL requirements for CL1, CL2 and CL3.
- UL Listed for cable tray use, direct burial and sunlight resistant.
- Passes the IEEE 383-1974 and IEEE 1202 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes the 210,000 BTU per ICEA T-29-520 Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system—color coded.
- C-L-X enclosure permits installation in cable tray containing light and power cables without a barrier separator.
- Individual pairs or triads are numbered and color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Impervious, continuous sheath excludes moisture, gases and liquids.
- C-L-X sheath exceeds equipment grounding conductor requirements of NEC Section 250-118.
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- OSHA Acceptable.
- Complies with Articles 501, 502 & 503 for hazardous locations
- UL listed as Type MC-HL.
- UL 1309 listed (Oko-Marine) & UL classified in accord with IEEE 1580 as Marine Shipboard Cable rated 600/1000 volts.
- American Bureau of Shipping listed as CWCMC Type MC-HL.
- Meets API Standards 14F and 14FZ.
- Suitable for low temperature installation of -40°C.