Price (Per FT.)
Okonite C-L-X type SP-OS (shielded pairs or triads - overall shield) instrumentation cables are designed for use on Class 1 Remote-Control Signaling circuits or where a 600V cable is desired, as instrumentation, process control, or computer cable transmitting signals at levels above 100 mili-volts in circuits where maximum noise protection is required. Protection from interference among groups as well as external sources is provided by individual group shields as well as an overall cable shield. For use indoors or outdoors; wet or dry locations; in cable trays’ in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; for direct burial; in Classes I, II, and III, Divisions 1 and 2 and Class I, Zones 1 and 2 hazardous locations per NEC Articles 501, 502, 503 and 505; in Zone 2, Class II Div 2, Class III Div 1 and Class III Div 2 per CEC.
The isolated individual shields over each pair, when properly grounded, prevent crosstalk or capacitive coupling between adjacent pairs which occurs with ac signals, particularly the pulse type. The overall shield eliminates most of the static interference from the electric field radiated by power cables and other electrical equipment. The C-L-X sheath provides physical protection against mechanical damage as required in NEC Section 725-8 as well as complete pro tection against moisture or gases entering the cable.
For dc service in wet locations, X-Olene insulation is recommended.
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Flame-retardant, radiation-resistant Okozel, a modified ETFE fluoropolymer. Cable meets or exceeds requirements for UL Standards 13 and 2250.
Insulation Jacket: Nylon per UL 83, 4 mils nominal thickness.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, white and red in triads.
Assembly: Pairs or triads assembled with a 1½”-2 ½” left-hand lay. Flame-retardant, non-wicking fillers included where required to provide a round cable, polyester tape overall.
Cable Shield: Aluminum-nylon-polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand coated copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Inner Jacket: Black, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standard 1569. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
C-L-X Sheath: A close-fitting, impervious, continuously welded and corrugated, aluminum sheath meeting UL 1569 provides complete protection against moisture,liquids, and gases, has excellent mechanical strength, and provides equipment grounding through the sheath
Outer Jacket: Black, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standard 1569.
Classifications: UL Listed as Type MC-HL Articles 501, 502, and 503 of the National Electrical Code. These cables comply with UL requirements for CL1, CL2 and CL3.
- UL listed for cable tray use, direct burial, inducts, and sunlight resistant.
- Vertical Tray Alame Tests; IEEE 383-1974, FT4/ IEEE 1202, ICEA T-29-520 (210,000 BTU).
- American Bureau of Shipping Type approved as CWCMC Type MC-HL.
- API Standards 14F and 14FZ.
- ASTM B-8
- OSHA Acceptable
- UL 2225 Type MC-HL, UL 83, UL 1309 (CWCMC) Marine Shipboard, UL 1569
- UL certified to IEEE 1580 - Marine Ship board Cable rated 600/1000V.
- EC Articles 501, 502, 503, 504 and 505 for Classes I, II, and III, Divisions 1 and 2 Hazardous Locations.
- NPLF pr NEC Code Article 760.
- CSA C22.2 No. 230 Type TC
- CSA C22.2 No. 239 Type ACIC
- cUL Type ACIC-TC Complies with CEC Zone 2, Class II Div 2, Class III Div 1, Class III Div 2 Hazardous Locations.