Price (Per FT.)
C-L-X Okozel control cables are recommended for use in or fossil fueled generating stations where continuity of service in critical circuits is of primary importance. These cables, which are rated 150°C in dry locations, offer reduced cable diameters through higher ampacities and thinner insulation walls than comparable XLPE or rubber constructions. C-L-X Okozel control cables are also recommended for high ambient temperature areas up to 150°C (302°F) in industrial applications or for cold weather installations to -65°C (-85°F).
Okozel is Okonite’s trade name for ETFE Fluoropolymer, a modified Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene. Okozel is extremely rugged with excellent resistance to cut through and abrasion. It is chemically inert and has low permeability. Okozel passes the IEEE 383 and UL vertical tray flame test. It is rated for 150°C (302°F conductor operating temperature for continuous use and retains all useful physical properties at temperatures down to -100°C (-148°F).
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B stranding per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Flame-retardant, moisture-resistant Okozel, a modified ETFE fluoropolymer.
Conductor Identification: Base colors with tracers in accordance with ICEA S-73-532, NEMA WC57 Method 1.
Assembly: Conductors cabled together in accordance with ICEA S-73-532, NEMA WC57 Section 5.1; with non-hygroscopic fillers as required; and a binder tape overall.
Sheath: Close fitting, impervious, continuous, welded, corrugated aluminum C-L-X in accordance with UL 1569. The sheath exceeds the grounding conductor requirements of Table 250-122 of the NEC. All C-L-X cables are rated "nonburning" under ASTM D635.
- Factory assembled “cable in conduit”.
- 150°C continuous operating temperature.
- Cold installation temperature in excess of -65°C.
- Flame retardant - passes the vertical tray flame test requirements of IEEE 383 and 1202, UL 1569 and ICEA T-29-520(210,000 BTU/hr).
- Lower smoke emission.
- Chemically inert insulation-unaffected by typical acids, bases, solvents and cleaning agents, fuels and hydraulic fluids.
- High dielectric strength.
- Low dielectric constant.
- Smaller diameter and lighter weight permits more cables per tray.
- C-L-X enclosure permits installation in cable tray containing other voltages within a barrier separator.
- C-L-X sheath exceeds equipment grounding conductor requirements of Section 250-122 of the NEC.
- Provides excellent grounding safety.
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- No limit to number of bends in run.
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- UL Listed for cable tray use, and sunlight resistant.
- May be installed in ducts, plenums and other environmental air-handling spaces per NEC Articles 300-22 (b) and (c).
- Special designs available that are qualified for nuclear generating stations in accordance with IEEE Standards 383-74 and 323-74.