Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Type C-L-X P-OS (Pair/triad - Overall Shield) Thermocouple Extension cables are designed for use as instrumentation and process control cables in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required; indoors or outdoors; in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 105°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors; for direct burial. Suitable Class I, Division 2, Class II, Division 2, or Class III, Division 2 and Class I, Zone 2 hazardous locations. Also for use as Power-Limited fire protective signaling cable (FPL) per NEC Code 760. The C-L-X sheath provides the physical protection against mechanical damage as required in NEC Section 727-3. It may be installed in both exposed and concealed work, secured to supports not greater than 6 feet apart.
Conductors: Solid alloys per ANSI MC 96.1
Insulation: Flame-retardant Okoseal® (PVC) per UL Standard 13 and 2250, 15 mils nominal thickness, 105°C temperature rating.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented insulation on individual conductors.
Communications Wire: 22 AWG, solid strand, bare copper conductor 12 mils nominal flame-retardant Okoseal insulation, 105°C temperature rating.
Assembly: Pairs assembled with left-hand lay. Flame-retardant, non-wicking fillers included where required to provide a round cable
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Inner Jacket: Color-coded, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standards 13 and 2250. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
C-L-X Sheath: A close-fitting, impervious, continuously welded and corrugated aluminum sheath provides complete protection against moisture, liquids, and gases, has excellent mechanical strength, and provides equipment grounding through the sheath.
Outer Jacket: Color-coded, flame-retardant Okoseal per UL Standards 13 and 2250.
Classifications: UL Listed as Type ITC/PLTC - Instrumentation Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 725 and 727 of the National Electrical Code. The cables comply with UL 2250 and UL 13 for CL2 and CL3.
- Passes the UL 1581 & IEEE 383-1974 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes the IEEE 1202-1991 vertical tray flame test (8 pair and larger).
- Passes the 210,000 BTU/hr vertical tray flame test per ICEA T-29-520.
- UL listed as sunlight resistant.
- UL listed for direct burial (2 PR #20 AWG and larger)
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system-color coded.
- C-L-X cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable UL Standards.
- C-L-X enclosure permits installation in cable tray containing light and power cables without a barrier separator.
- Individual pairs are numbered and color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Excellent noise rejection.
- Impervious, continuous sheath excludes moisture, gases and liquids.
- C-L-X sheath exceeds equipment grounding conductor requirements of NEC Section 250-18
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- OSHA Acceptable.
- Suitable for low temperature installation to -40°C.
- Meets API Standards, 14F and 14FZ