Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Type C-L-X P-OS (Pair/triad Overall Shield) Thermocouple Extension cables are designed for use as instrumentation and process control cables in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required; indoors or outdoors; in wet or dry location with conductor operating temperatures up to 105°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors; for direct burial. Suitable Class I,Division 2, Class II, Division 2, or Class III, Division 2 and Class I, Zone 2 hazardous locations. The C-L-X sheath provides physical protection against mechanical damage. It may be installed in both exposed and concealed work, secured to supports not greater than 6 feet apart.
Conductors: Solid alloys per ANSI MC 96.1
Insulation: Flame-retardant Okoseal® (PVC) per UL Standard 13 and 2250, 15 mils nominal thickness, 105°C temperature rating.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented insulation on individual conductors.
Assembly: Pair assembled with left-hand lay.
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Inner Jacket: Flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal per UL Standard 13 and 2250. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
C-L-X Sheath: Close fitting, impervious, continuously welded and corrugated aluminum sheath provides complete protection against moisture, liquids, and gases, has excellent mechanical strength and provides equipment grounding through the sheath.
Outer Jacket: Flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal per UL Standard 13 and 2250.
Classifications: UL Listed as ITC/PLTC - Instrument Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 727 and Article 725 of the National Electrical Code.
Cables comply with UL 2250 and UL 13 for PLTC, CL2 and CL3.
- Passes the UL 1581, IEEE 383-1974, & IEEE 1202 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes the 210,000 BTU/hr vertical tray flame test per ICEA T-29-520.
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system-color coded.
- C-L-X cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable UL Standards.
- C-L-X enclosure permits installation in cable tray containing light and power cables without a barrier separator.
- Individual pairs or triads are color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Impervious, continuous sheath excludes moisture, gases and liquids.
- C-L-X sheath exceeds equipment grounding conductor requirements of NEC Section 250-118.
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- Meets API Standards 14F and 14FZ.
- UL listed for direct burial
- Suitable for low temperature installation of -40°C