Price (Per FT.)
This C.T.C. cable is used on circuits where minimum attenuation and low capacity is essential. It is designed not only for code pulses but also provides for superimposed high frequency circuits. The cable is mechanically rugged and can be installed aerially or underground and is suitable for direct burial by means of a cable plow in all wet and dry locations.
Okolene (PE) is Okonite’s trade name for its low loss polyethylene insulation. The two #10 AWG solid bare copper conductors, each insulated with Okolene, are twisted together to form a balanced pair. Two pairs of #16 AWG or #18 AWG communication wire with Okolene insulation are cabled into the interstices of the C.T.C. twisted pair. A polyester tape is wrapped over the assembly. A belt of Okolene is then extruded over the assembly.
Shield and Jacket
A polyester tape, 5 mil flat copper tape and 5/64" black Okolene jacket is applied over the belted core to complete the construction
Conductors: Solid uncoated copper per ASTM B-3.
Insulation: Okolene® (PE) the dielectric meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ASTM D-1248-84, Type I, Class A, Category 5, Grade E5.
Jacket: Okolene® (PE) meets or exceeds requirements of ASTM D-1248-84, Type I, Class C, Grade J3 and AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.21.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to aging.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Resistant to environmental hazards.
- Superior moisture resistance.
- Outstanding termite protection.
- Excellent electrical properties.. high dielectric strength, low capacity (SIC) and power factor and high insulation resistance.
- Two pairs of communication circuits are provided for telephone communications.
- Pull Cord feature affords easy and quick accessibility to conductors for splices and terminations. PCF is safety oriented.