Price (Per FT.)
Loxarmor power and control cables are recommended as an economical alternate to a wire in conduit system. They are designed specifically for use on feeders and branch circuits in power distribution systems. Loxarmor power cables may be installed in both exposed and concealed work, wet and dry locations, direct burial in the earth, or embedded in concrete. They may be installed on metal racks, troughs, in cable trays or secured to supports not greater that 6 feet apart. When used with approved terminators, Loxarmor may be used in Class I and II (Division 2) and Class III (Division 1 and 2) hazardous locations - NEC Articles 501, 502 and 503.
X-Olene® is Okonite's trade name for its chemically cross-linked polyethylene, with high dielectric strength.
Conductors are color coded using base colors and tracers in accordance with the Conductor Identification Table on the back of this Data Sheet.
Assembly and Coverings
The individual conductors are cabled together with non-hygroscopic fillers and a binder tape overall. The C-L-X sheath exceeds the grounding conductor requirements of Table 250.122 of the NEC and UL 1569. A bare stranded copper grounding conductor(s), located in the outer interstices, is provided for grounding. The impervious, continuous, welded, corrugated aluminum C-L-X sheath provides complete protection against moisture, liquids and gases and has excellent mechanical strength. For direct burial in the ground, embedment in concrete, or for areas subjected to corrosive atmospheres, the C-L-X sheath is protected with a low temperature black Okoseal® (PVC) jacket.
Conductors: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: X-Olene per ICEA S-95-658/NEMA WC70 and UL 44, Listed UL Type XHHW-2. Meets MIL-DTL-1377H, section 188.8.131.52.2 cold bend at -66°C and ASTM D746-04 brittle point at -76°C.
Conductor Identification: Base colors and tracers per ICEA S-95-658 NEMA WC-57.
Sizes 8 AWG and larger - print number and color.
Grounding Conductor(s): Bare, soft copper per ASTM B-3. Stranding per ICEA S-95-658/WC-57 and UL 1569
Assembly: Per UL 1569 with binder tape overall.
Loxarmor: Per ICEA S-95-658 NEMA WC-57, Section 4.5.7 and UL 1569.
Jacket: When specified, black Okoseal (PVC) per UL 1569. Meets ASTM D746-04 brittle point at -40°C. UL Listed as Type MC cable.
- Cable complies with UL 1569 for Type MC Metal-Clad Cable.
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system - color coded.
- Flame retardant - passes the vertical tray flame test requirements of IEEE 383-1974 and 1202-1991, UL 1569 ICEA, T-29-520(210,000 BTU/hr.)
- Loxarmor cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable UL standards.
- 90°C continuous rating in wet or dry locations , 130°C emergency overload rating, 250°C short circuit rating.
- Lower installed cost compared to wire in conduit or EMT.
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- Easily re-routed in the event of system changes.
- UL Listed for cable tray use.
- UL Listed for direct burial.
- UL Listed sunlight resistant.