Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard-Okolon TS-CPE 600 Volt Power and Control Cables are recommended for use in all low voltage circuits where continuity of service is the prime consideration. These cables may be installed in wet or dry locations, indoors or outdoors, in raceways, underground ducts, directly buried in the earth, or lashed to a messenger for aerial installation. These cables may also be installed in cable tray (size 1/0 AWG and larger per NEC 392.2).
Okoguard-Okolon TS-CPE is Okonite’s trade name for its composite insulation system consisting of a layer of EPR and covered with a chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) thermoset compound.
The advantages of Okoguard EPR, with a proven track record of over 40 years as a medium voltage insulation, are now offered in low voltage cables. Okolon TS-CPE is Okonite's trade name for its chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) thermoset compound.
Conductor: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Solid per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds all requirements of ICEA S-95-658, NEMA WC-70 and UL Standards 44 and 854.
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. as Type RHH or RHW-2 or USE-2, VW-1. Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger are also marked sunlight resistant, for use in cable tray.
Listed by CSA as RW-90, -40C, FT1 (1/0 and larger: FT4), sunlight resistant.
- Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger pass the Vertical Tray Flame Test requirements of UL 1581 for use in cable tray.
- Passes the IEEE 383 Vertical Tray Flame Test. (sizes #6 AWG and larger)
- Passes the IEEE 1202 Vertical Tray Flame Test. (sizes 1/0 AWG & larger)
- Extreme heat resistance;
90°C continuous rating, wet or dry
130°C emergency overload rating
250°C short circuit rating
- Exceptional resistance to deformation at high temperature.
- Stable electrical properties.
- Low SIC and power factor.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to weather, most oils, acids and alkalies.
- More flexible, easier to install and terminate than XLPE insulation.
- UL and CSA Listed