Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard-Okolon TS-CPE 2000 volt power cables are recommended for use in all low voltage circuits where continuity of service is the prime consideration. They can be installed in wet or dry locations, indoors or outdoors in conduit, underground ducts, approved raceways. These cables may also be installed in cable tray (size 1/0 AWG kcmil and larger per NEC 392.3).
Okoguard-Okolon® TS-CPE is Okonite’s trade name for its composite insulation system consisting of a layer of EPR and covered with a chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) thermoset compound. The combination of the two materials provides a dielectric which has excellent resistance to heat, mechanical abuse, flame, weathering, most oils, acids and alkalies.
The advantages of Okoguard EPR, with a proven track record of over 40 years as a medium voltage insulation, are now offered in low voltage cables. Okolon TS-CPE is Okonite's trade name for its chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) thermoset compound.
Conductors:Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Solid per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496
Composite Insulation:Meets or exceeds all requirements of ICEA S-95-658, NEMA WC-70 and UL Standard 44.
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. as Type RHH or RHW-2, VW-1. Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger are also marked sunlight resistant, for use in cable tray. All sizes meet FT-1. Sizes 1/0 and larger meet FT-4.
- Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger pass the
- Vertical Tray Flame Test requirements of UL 1581 for use in cable tray.
- Passes the IEEE 383-1974 Vertical Tray Flame Test (size #8 AWG and larger).
- Passes the IEEE 1202 Vertical Tray Flame Test (sizes 1/0 AWG and larger).
- Extreme heat resistance
90°C continuous rating, wet or dry
130°C emergency overload rating
250°C short circuit rating
- Exceptional resistance to deformation at high temperature.
- Stable electrical properties.
- Low SIC and power factor.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to weather, most oils, acids and alkalies.
- Smaller diameter than RHW jacketed cables.
- More flexible, easier to install, terminate or splice than XLPE insulation.
- UL Listed.
- OSHA acceptable.
- UL E1138.
- FT-1 all sizes.
- FT-4 - 1/0 and larger.