Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard-Okolon TS-CPE 2 .4 kV cables are heavy duty nonshielded cables designed for use at up to 2.4 kV phase-to-phase in wet or dry locations in accordance with NEC Section 310.10.
Okoguard-Okolon TS-CPE nonshielded cables are recommended for power distribution and motor circuits in generating plants and substations; in industrial and commercial buildings.
Single conductors may be installed in industrial or commercial occupancies in triplexed or random lay in any raceway or duct in wet or dry locations, or in open runs as permitted by NEC Article 396.
Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger, may be installed in cable trays where permitted by NEC Section 392.10.
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequalled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally inte grated EPR system, provides the optimum balance for long, problem free service.
The Okolon TS-CPE jacket on this cable is a vulcanized chloronated polyethylene based compound which is mechanically rugged, flame, radiation and oil resistant.
Conductor: Annealed uncoated copper compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Strand Screen: Extruded semiconducting EPR strand screen. Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-96-659/NEMA WC71 and UL 1072.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-96- 659/NEMA WC71 and UL 1072.
Jacket: Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-96-659/NEMA WC71 for chloronated polyethylene jackets.
UL listed as Type MV-90, sunlight resistant and for use in cable tray in accordance with
UL 1072. CSA listed as RW90 as 5kV non-shielded (FT4 1/0 and larger) -25?C in accordance with CSA C22.2 No 38.
1/C non-shielded cables can surface discharge in service when in a random phase spacing or when in contact with grounded surfaces.
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed all recognized industry standards (UL, CSA, NEMA/ICEA, IEEE).
- 90?C continuous operat ing temperature.
- 130?C emergency rating.
- 250?C short circuit rating
- Passes UL and IEEE 383 and 1202 (1/0 and larger) Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Sizes 1/0 and larger meet CSA FT4 Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Sizes #1 and smaller meet CSA FT1.
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Radiation resistant.
- Exceptional resistance to ?treeing?.
- Stress cones not required.
- Moisture resistant.
- Resistant to most oils, acids, and alkalies.
- Sunlight Resistant.
- Sizes #6 and #8 AWG are identified as FAA-L-824, Type B 5kV rated.