Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard-Okoseal Type IEC 60502-2 cables are intended for use in fixed installations such as distribution networks or industrial applications.
Okoguard is Okonite’s registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics.
Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
The shielded insulated conductors are assembled with fillers and a binder tape overall.
The Okoseal (PVC) flame retardant jacket supplied with this cable is mechanically rugged and has excellent resistance to oil and most chemicals.
Conductor: Annealed uncoated copper compact stranded per IEC 60228.
Strand Screen: Extruded semiconducting EPR strand screen. Meets or exceeds the electrical and physical properties of IEC 60502-2.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds the electrical and physical properties of IEC 60502-2.
Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting EPR insulation screen applied directly over the insulation. Meets or exceeds the electrical and physical
properties of IEC 60502-2.
Sheild: 0.005 inches (0.127mm) bare copper tape helically applied with 25% minimum overlap.
Phase Identification: Color coded (black, red, blue) polyester ribbonlaid longitudinally under the copper tape shield.
Assembly: Cabled with fillers and an overall binder tape.
Jacket: Meets or exceeds the electrical and physical properties of IEC 60502-2 for polyvinyl chloride jackets.
- Certification to IEC 60502-2 conducted by KEMA Nederland B.V.
- Conformance provided by means of Type Test Certificate TIC 1011-14.
- Passes optional flame spread requirements pre IEC 60332-1-2.
- PVC jacket passes oil immersion requirements per IEC 60811-404.
- Passes IEC 60332-3-24 Category C vertical tray flame test.
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR system.
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed all recognized industry standards.
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Screens are free stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to “treeing”.
- Exceptional resistance to moisture.
- Resistant to most oils, acids, and alkalies.
- Sunlight resistant.
- Aluminum and coated copper conductors available.