Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard shielded Okoseal Type MV-105 power cables are recommended for distribution circuits, and for feeders or branch circuits.
Type MV cables may be installed in wet or dry locations, indoors or outdoors (exposed to sunlight), in any raceway or underground duct, directly buried if installed in a system with a grounding conductor in close proximity that conforms with NEC Section 250.4(A)(5), or messenger supported in industrial establishments and electric utilities.
Okoguard is Okoniteâ€™s registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
The Okoseal (PVC) jacket supplied with this cable is mechanically rugged and has excellent resistance to flame, oil, acids and most chemicals.
Conductor: Aluminum per ASTM B-609, Class B stranded per B-231
Strand Screen: Extruded EPR semiconducting strand screen. Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74 & S-97-682, AEIC CS8, CSA C68.3 and UL 1072.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74 & S-97-682, AEIC CS8, CSA C68.3 and UL 1072.
Insulation Screen: Extruded EPR semiconducting insulation screen applied directly over the insulation. Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74 & S-97-682, AEIC CS8, CSA C68.3 and UL 1072.
Shield: 5 mil bare copper tape helically applied with 25% minimum overlap.
Jacket: Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74 & S-97-682 and UL 1072 for polyvinyl chloride jackets.
UL Listed as Type MV-105 and sunlight resistant in accordance with UL 1072 .
Cables listed to CSA C68.3 are also available.
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR system.
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed all recognized industry standards (UL, CSA,AEIC, NEMA/ICEA, IEEE, CSA).
- 105Â°C continuous operating temperature.
- 140Â°C emergency rating.
- 250Â°C short circuit rating.
- Passes UL and IEEE 383 and 1202 (1/0 AWG and larger) Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Screens are clean stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to â€œtreeingâ€.
- Exceptional resistance to moisture.
- Resistant to most oils, acids, and alkalies.
- Sunlight resistant.
- For Cable Tray Use; 1/0 AWG and larger.
- CSA FT4 and -40Â°C.
- Improved Temperature Rating.