Price (Per FT.)
For use in branch circuits up to 600V. Rated 90°C wet or dry for use in conduits, underground ducts and aerial circuits in accordance with the National Electric Code. It is applicable for cable tray use on sizes 4/0 and larger and is sunlight resistant. This construction combines the high dielectric and flexibility characteristics of EPR and PVC to resist the hostile oil environments in refinery use and permits ease of low friction installation. The jacket is UL rated Oil Resistant II.
Okoguard is Okonite’s trade name for its ethylene propylene based insulation. Okoguard insulation is heat resistant, mechanically rugged, and exceptionally moisture resistant.
This insulation provides an excellent balance of properties for a low voltage power cable.
Conductor:Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation:Okoguard (EPR) meets or exceeds all requirements of ICEA S-95-658, NEMA WC70 and UL Standard 44.
Jacket:Okoseal (PVC) meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-95-658, NEMA WC70 and UL 1581, Class 43 (90°C rated PVC jacket).
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. under miscellaneous wire category as RHW-2/PVC. Sizes 4/0 & larger are also marked “for CT-Use”.
- Sizes 4/0 AWG and larger pass the Vertical Tray Flame Test requirements of UL 1581 for use in cable tray.
- Heat resistance; 90°C continuous rating; 130°C emergency overload rating; 250°C short circuit rating
- Rated 90°C wet or dry.
- Resistant to deformation at high temperature.
- Stable electrical properties.
- Low SIC and power factor.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to weather, most oils, acids and alkalies.
- More flexible, easier to install and terminate than XLPE insulation.
- UL Listed.
- Constructions also available rated 2kV.