Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard URO cables provide excellent circuit longevity in underground residential distribution systems. They can be buried direct or installed in underground ducts or conduits.
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem-free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
An insulation screen of ethylene-propylene rubber is extruded over the insulation. The annealed bare copper wires are uniformly spaced around the insulation screen.
Central Conductor: Aluminum per ASTM B-609, Class B stranded per B-231.
Conductor Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation: Extruded Okoguard meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 for ethylene-propylene rubber and AEIC CS8.
Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Concentric Conductor: Bare copper wires
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR system
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed ICEA standards and RUS U-1 standards.
- 105°C continuous operating temperatures
- 140°C emergency rating
- 250°C short circuit rating
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Low dielectric constant and power factor.
- Screens are clean stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to “treeing”.
- Moisture resistant.
- Excellent resistance to most chemicals.
- Design Options
Additional conductor sizes
Copper central conductor
Custom neutral sizes
100% Insulation Level
- Improved Temperature Rating.
Okoguard insulation system has been tested and qualified for operation at 105°C continuous and 140°C emergency operating temperature.
- Minimum installation temperature of -40°C