Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard URO cables provide maximum circuit longevity in underground residential distribution systems. They can be buried direct or installed in underground ducts or conduits.
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
An insulation screen of ethylene-propylene rubber is extruded over the insulation. The bare concentric copper wires are uniformly spaced around the insulation screen. The overall polyethylene jacket provides protection against mechanical damage and corrosion.
Product identification is provided through the use of three red stripes placed 120° apart in the black jacket with an NESC Lightning bolt.
Central Conductor: Uncoated soft copper. Compressed round conductors per ASTM B-3 and ASTM B-8. Compact round conductors per ASTM B-496.
Conductor Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation: Extruded Okoguard meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 for ethylene-propylene rubber and AEIC CS8.
Insulation Screen: Two insulation screen thicknesses are available:
Cables with Compressed Round Copper Conductor: Have extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber insulation screens that meet the requirements of ICEA S-94-649, AEIC CS8 and UL 1072.
Cables with Compact Round Copper Conductor: Have extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber insulation screens that meet the requirements of ICEA S-93-639/NEMA WC74 & S-97-682, AEIC CS8 and UL 1072
Concentric Conductor: Bare copper wires.
Jacket: Black Okolene with red extruded stripes meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 for polyethylene jackets.
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR system
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed ICEA standards and RUS U-1 standards.
- 105°C continuous operating temperatures
- 140°C emergency rating
- 250°C short circuit rating
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Low dielectric constant and power factor.
- Screens are clean stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to “treeing”.
- Moisture resistant.
- Excellent resistance to most chemicals.
- Cable listed as Type MV-90 for use in accordance with Article 328 of the NEC on special orders.
- Cable CSA listed to C68.3 on special orders.
- Design Options
- Additional conductor sizes
- Filled strand
- Copper flat strap concentric neutral
- Product identification via colored jackets.
- Semiconducting jacket.
- Improved Temperature Rating.
Okoguard insulation system has been tested and qualified for operation at 105°C continuous and 140°C emergency operating temperature