Price (Per FT.)
Okoguard URO-J cables provide maximum circuit longevity in underground residential distribution systems. They can be buried directly or installed in underground ducts or conduits.
Okoguard is Okonite's registered trade name for its exclusive ethylene-propylene rubber (EPR) based, thermosetting compound, whose optimum balance of electrical and physical properties is unequaled in other solid dielectrics. Okoguard insulation, with the distinctive red color and a totally integrated EPR system, provides the optimum balance of electrical and physical properties for long, problem free service.
The triple tandem extrusion of the screens with the insulation provides optimum electrical characteristics.
An insulation screen of ethylene-propylene rubber is extruded over the insulation. The bare copper concentric wires are uniformly spaced around the insulation screen. The overall polyethylene jacket provides protection against mechanical damage and corrosion.
Product identification is provided through the use of three red stripes placed 120° apart in the black jacket with an NESC lightning bolt.
Central Conductor: Aluminum per ASTM B-609 Class B stranded per B-231.
Conductor Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation: Extruded Okoguard meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-64 and AEIC CS8.
Insulation Screen: Extruded semiconducting ethylene-propylene rubber meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 and AEIC CS8.
Concentric Conductor: Bare copper wires. Conductivity equal to central conductor.
Jacket: Black Okolene with red extruded stripes and NESC lightening bolt meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-94-649 for polyethylene jackets.
- Triple tandem extruded, all EPR system.
- Okoguard cables meet or exceed ICEA and RUS 7CFR 1728.204 standards.
- 105°C continuous operating temperature
- 140°C emergency rating
- 250°C short circuit rating
- Excellent corona resistance.
- Low dielectric constant and power factor.
- Screens are clean stripping.
- Exceptional resistance to “treeing”.
- Moisture resistant.
- Overall jacket provides extended life.
- Red extruded stripes
- Excellent resistance to most chemicals.
- Can be UL Listed as MV90 for use in accordance with Art 328 of the NEC on special orders.
- Can be CSA Listed to C68.3 on special orders.
- Design Options:
Additional conductor sizes
Copper central conductor
Copper flat strap concentric neutral
Product identification via colored jackets
- Improved Temperature Rating.
Okoguard insulation system has been tested and qualified for operation at 105°C continuous and 140°C emergency operating temperature.
- Minimum installation temperature of -40°C