Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Railroad Cables are for use in railroad signal circuits where continuity of service and long life are required in all vital circuit and safety related applications. They are designed especially for aerial applications and all wet or dry locations.
Okonite® EPR insulation is a heat, moisture and chemical resistant, mechanically rugged compound. The insulation thickness for sizes #14 AWG through #9 AWG is 4/64". One conductor in each layer is identified as "Tracer". In addition each conductor is number coded for ease of identification.
Individual conductors are assembled with flame and moisture resistant fillers, where needed and cable tape. The overall Okolon® TS-CPE jacket supplied with this cable has high mechanical strength, and excellent resistance to flame, ozone, oil and most chemicals.
Annealed Copper Conductors: May be solid or stranded, bare or coated, meeting the requirements of AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.16 or 10.3.17.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-95-658 and AREMA Specifications for Wires and Cables.
Assembly: Per AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.16.
Outer Jacket: AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.20 and meets or exceeds electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-95-658.
- Outstanding mechanical strength at all temperatures.
- Long service life—resists long term aging.
- Excellent electrical stability.
- High insulation resistance.
- Resistant to environmental hazards.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Acid, alkali, oil and flame resistant.
- Meets IEEE 383-1974 Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Sequential footage markings on surface of outer jacket.