Price (Per FT.)
Okonite-FMR Control Cables are recommended for use in either power generating plants and in substations; designed especially for critical circuits where continuity of service is of prime importance. This premium quality control cable is recommended for wet or dry, ac or dc service at conductor temperatures to 90°C. They may be installed in conduits, ducts, cable troughs, trays, messenger supported, or directly buried in the earth.
Okonite-FMR is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemically resistant, mechanically rugged ethylene-propylene insulation compound. It is flame retardant and will pass both the 70,000 BTU/hour and 210,000 BTU/hour tray flame test. Its physical properties and flame retardency permit its use without a jacket on the single conductors thus providing a substantially smaller overall diameter control cable.
The properties of Okonite-FMR insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene propylene rubber insulations.
The shield system consists of a 5 mil copper tape which is longitudinally applied over the extruded belt and fill. The Longitudinal Corrugated Shield (LCS) maintains uniformly low resistance and a low reactance path for optimum shielding against external high frequency interference.
The Okolon TS-CPE jacket is a thermoset chlorinated polyethylene compound. This combination construction assures circuit security because of its high mechanical strength and excellent resistance to moisture, ozone, oil and most chemicals.
Conductors: Coated copper per ASTM B-33, Class B stranded per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Okonite-FMR meets or exceeds the electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-73-532.
Color Coding: Base colors and tracers per ICEA Method 1 Table E-1. Sequence shown on reverse of this sheet.
Assembly: Conductors cabled using flame and moisture resistant fillers.
Shield: A 5 mil corrugated copper tape, longitudinally applied.
Overall Jacket: The Okolon TS-CPE compound meets or ex- ceeds the requirements of ICEA S-73-532
- Flame retardant - passes the IEEE 383 and 1202 flame test requirements. Also passes the ICEA T-29-520 (210,000 BTU/hr) flame test.
- Quality Assurance traceability available on special order.
- 90°C rated control cable, factory assembled for indoor or outdoor installation in cable trays, in raceways, direct burial in the earth, or supported by messenger wire.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Flexible, easy to install and terminate.
- Color coded conductors.
- Resistant to water, oil and most chemicals.
- Thermally stable at elevated temperatures.
- High insulation resistance, even at elevated temperatures.
- Small diameter, lightweight.