Price (Per FT.)
Okonite FMR-N Power and Control Cables are recommended for use in either power generating plants and in substations; designed especially for critical circuits where continuity of service is of prime importance. This premium quality control cable is recommended for wet or dry, ac or dc service at conductor temperatures to 90°C. They may be installed in conduits, ducts, cable troughs,trays, messenger supported, or directly buried in the earth.
Okonite FMR-N is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemically resistant, mechanically rugged nuclear plant qualified ethylene-propylene insulation compound. Its physical properties and flame retardency permit its use without a jacket on the single conductors.
The properties of Okonite FMR-N insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene propylene rubber insulations.
Nuclear qualified Okonite FMR-N cables meet IEEE Standard - 383 LOCA and flame test criteria.
Conductor:Copper per ASTM B-3, Class B stranded per ASTM B-8 and coated copper per ASTM B-33.
Insulation:Okonite FMR-N meets or exceeds the electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-73-532 & S-95-658.
- Qualified as Class 1E cable
- Sizes 6 AWG and larger pass the IEEE 383 and 1202 flame test requirements.
- All sizes pass the ICEA S-95-658 vertical wire flame test.
- Quality Assurance traceability.
- Extreme heat resistance 90°C continuous rating; 130°C emergency overload rating; 250°C short circuit rating.
- Rated 90°C wet or dry.
- Exceptional resistance to deformation at high temperatures.
- Stable electrical properties
- Low SIC and power factor.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to weather.
- Smaller diameter.
- More flexible, easier to install or terminate than XLPE insulation