Price (Per FT.)
Okonite FMR-N Control Cables are recommended for use in either power generating plants and in substations; designed especially for critical circuits where continuity of service is of prime importance. This premium quality control cable is recommended for wet or dry, ac or dc service at conductor temperatures to 90°C. They may be installed in conduits, ducts, cable troughs, trays, messenger supported, or directly buried in the earth.
Okonite FMR-N is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemically resistant, mechanically rugged nuclear plant qualified ethylene-propylene insulation compound. Its physical properties and flame retardency permit its use without a jacket on the single conductors.
The properties of Okonite FMR-N insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene propylene rubber insulations.
Nuclear qualified Okonite FMR-N cables meet IEEE Standard - 383 LOCA and flame test criteria.
The overall Okolon TS-CPE jacket is a thermoset chlorinated polyethylene compound. This combination construction assures circuit security because of its high mechanical strength and excellent resistance to moisture, ozone, oil and most chemicals.
Conductors: Copper per ASTM B-3, Class B stranded per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Okonite FMR-N meets or exceeds the electrical and physical requirements of ICEA S-73-532.
Color Coding: Base colors and tracers per ICEA Method 1 Table E-1 color sequence shown on reverse of this sheet.
Asembly: Conductors cabled using flame and moisture resistant fillers.
Overall Jacket: The Okolon TS-CPE compound meets or exceeds the requirements of ICEA S-73-532
- Qualified as Class 1E cable
- Flame retardant - passes the IEEE 383 and 1202 flame test requirements.
- Quality Assurance traceability
- 90°C rated control cable, factory assembled for indoor or outdoor installation in cable trays, in raceways, direct burial in the earth, or supported by messenger wire.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Flexible, easy to install and terminate.
- Color coded conductors.
- Resistant to water, oil and most chemicals.
- Thermally stable at elevated temperatures.
- High insulation resistance, even at elevated temperatures.
- Small diameter, lightweight.