Price (Per FT.)
Okonite-FMR low voltage power and control cables are recommended for use in power generating plants, combined cycle power units, co-generation plants and in substations; designed especially for critical cirucits where continuity of service is of prime importance. These cables are TC listed and meet UL requirements. As TC cable, they are permitted for use on power, lighting, control, and signal circuits; indoors or outdoors; in cable trays, raceways, direct burial in the ground, or where supported in outdoor locations by a messenger; for Class 1 circuits as permitted by Article 725 of the NEC; and in cable trays in Class I Division 2 hazardous locations in industrial establishments where the conditions of maintenance and supervision assure that only qualified persons will service the installation
Okonite-FMR is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemical resistant, mechanically rugged ethylene-propylene insulating compound.
The single conductors are color coded with solid and tracer colors as required for proper identification.
The properties of Okonite-FMR insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene-propylene rubber insulations.
Okolon TP-CPE is a thermoplastic chlorinated polyethylene compound. This jacket has excellent resistance to moisture, ozone, oil and many chemicals.
Conductors: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: Okonite-FMR meets or exceeds requirements of UL 1581, ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC57) and ICEA S-95-658 NEMA WC70 Type II insulation.
Color Coding: Base colors and tracers as shown on reverse of Data Sheet and for sizes #8 AWG and larger black conductors with surface printing of numbers per ICEA S-73-532 NEMA/WC57 Method 4.
Grounding Conductor(s): Where indicated, bare stranded copper per ASTM B-8, or compact round per ASTM B-496, Class B & NEC Table 250.122.
Assembly: Conductors cabled in accordance with UL 1277 and 1309 using fillers, as necessary, with a cable tape overall.
Overall Jacket: Complies with UL 1277. The Okolon TP-CPE compound meets or exceeds the requirements of UL 1581,
ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC57) & ICEA S-95-658 (NEMA WC70).
UL Listed as Type TC cable with a sunlight resistant jacket and for direct burial.
- For cable tray use.
- For direct burial.
- Sunlight resistant.
- Insulated conductors are UL rated VW-1.
- Flame Retardant - passes the vertical tray flame test requirements of IEEE 383-1974 & 1202-2006, UL 1277, and ICEA T-29-520 (210,000 BTU/hr.).
- UL listed for cable tray use.
- 90°C continuous rating in wet or dry locations
130°C emergency overload rating
250°C short circuit rating.
- Okonite-FMR Okolon TP-CPE Type TC cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable industry standards.
- Resistant to moisture and most chemical atmospheres.
- Thermal stability at elevated temperatures.
- Flexible, easy to install and terminate.
- Mechanically rugged.
- High dielectric strength.
- Small diameter, lightweight.
- Minimum installation temperature of -22°F or -30°C.