Price (Per FT.)
Okonite-FMR Okolon TS-CPE Type TC-ER tray cable is permitted for use on power, lighting, control, and signal circuits; indoors or outdoors; in cable trays, raceways, direct burial in the ground, or where supported in outdoor locations by a messenger wire; for Class 1 circuits as permitted in Article 725 of the NEC; and in cable trays in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations in industrial establishments where the conditions of maintenance and supervision assure that only qualified persons will service the installation.
Cables Marked TC-ER may also be used between a cable tray and the utilization equipment or device, when installed in accordance with NEC 336.10(7).
Okonite-FMR is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemical resistant, mechanically rugged ethylene-propylene insulating compound.
The single conductors are color coded with solid and tracer colors as required for proper identification.
The properties of Okonite-FMR insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene-propylene rubber insulations.
The overall Okolon TS-CPE jacket is thermoset chlorniated polyethylene compound. This combination construction assures circuit integrity because of its high mechanical strength and excellent resistance to moisture, ozone, and most chemicals.
Conductors: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: Okonite-FMR meets or exceeds requirements of UL 1581, ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC57) and ICEA S-95-658 NEMA WC70 Type II insulation.
Color Coding: Base colors and tracers as shown on reverse of Data Sheet and for sizes #8 AWG and larger black conductors with surface printing of numbers per ICEA S-73-532 NEMA/WC57 Method 4.
Grounding Conductor(s): Where indicated, bare stranded copper per ASTM B-8, or compact round per ASTM B-496, Class B & NEC Table 250.122.
Assembly: Conductors cabled in accordance with UL 1277 and 1309 using fillers, as necessary, with a cable tape overall.
Overall Jacket: Complies with UL 1277 and 1309. The Okoseal compound meets or exceeds the requirements of UL 1581. UL Listed as Type TC or TC-ER cable with a sunlight resistant low temperature jacket and for direct burial and Type Oko-Marine cable.
Sizes 4 AWG and larger without a grounding conductor are Type TC only (not ER).
- For cable tray use.
- For direct burial.
- Sunlight resistant.
- Insulated conductors are UL rated VW-1.
- Flame retardant - passes the vertical tray flame test requirements of IEEE 383-1974 and 1202-2006, UL 1277 ICEA T-29-520(210,000 BTU/hr.).
- UL listed for cable tray use.
- 90°C continuous rating in wet or dry locations
- 130°C emergency overload rating
- 250°C short circuit rating.
- Okonite-FMR Okolon TS-CPE Type TC-ER cable are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable industry standards.
- Resistant to moisture and most chemical atmospheres.
- Thermal stability at elevated temperatures.
- Flexible, easy to install and terminate.
- Mechanically rugged.
- High dielectric strength.
- Small diameter, lightweight.
- Minimum installation temperature of -31°F or -35°C.