Price (Per FT.)
Okonite FMR-P Type XHH or XHHW-2 600 Volt Power and Control Cables are recommended for general low voltage power and control applications. Okonite-FMR-P flame retardant insulated power cables may be used in generating plants, substations and industrial plants. Type XHH or XHHW-2 may be used up to 90°C in dry or wet locations. These cables may be installed in wet or dry locations, indoors or outdoors, in raceways, underground ducts, cable tray (size 1/0 AWG and larger per NEC 392) or lashed to a messenger for aerial installation.
Okonite FMR-P is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, flame and chemically resistant, mechanically rugged ethylenepropylene insulation compound. Its physical properties and flame retardency permit its use without a jacket on the single conductors.
The properties of Okonite FMR-P insulation substantially enhance the well known features of ethylene propylene rubber insulations
Conductor: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Solid per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds all requirements of ICEA S-95-658, NEMA WC-70, IEEE Standard 383, and UL 44.
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. as Type XHH or XHHW-2, VW-1, X110.
- Sizes 1/0 AWG and larger pass the Vertical Tray Flame Test requirements of UL 1581 for use in cable tray.
- Passes the ICEA T-29-520 210,000 Btu/hr. vertical tray flame test (sizes 6 AWG and larger).
- Passes the IEEE 383 Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Passes the IEEE 1202 Vertical Tray Flame Test. (sizes 1/0 AWG and larger).
- UL 1309 listed as Marine Shipboard Cable, X110.
- UL Certified to IEEE 1580 Type P, Marine Shipboard
- Extreme heat resistance 90°C continuous rating; 130°C emergency overload rating; 250°C short circuit rating.
- Rated 90°C wet or dry.
- Exceptional resistance to deformation at high temperatures.
- Stable electrical properties.
- Low SIC and power factor.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Resistant to weather.
- Smaller diameter.
- More flexible, easier to install, terminate, or splice than XLPE insulation.
- Flame retardant.
- UL Listed, UL Rated VW-1, For CT Use 1/0 AWG & larger, Oil Res I.
- CSA Listed FT-4