Price (Per FT.)
Okonite DC traction cables with low smoke, zero halogen jackets are designed for tunnel and other below grade installations where these features are required. They are also designed for superior aging, and high reliability characteristics.
Okonite EPR® insulation is a heat, moisture and chemical resistant, mechanically rugged zero halogenated compound. The insulation thickness is in accordance with ICEA S-95-658, Table 3-4 column A.
Jackets and Finishes
The thermoset jacket supplied with this cable is a cross linked Polyolefin (XLPO) zero halogen - low smoke thermosetting material. It will provide excellent resistance to mechanical abuse, flame, weathering, most oils, acids and alkalies.
Conductor: Uncoated copper stranded per ASTM B-3. Optional coated copper stranded conductors per ASTM B-33 are also available.
Insulation: Meets or exceeds all requirements of AREMA Signal Manual, Part 10.3.19 and ICEA S-95-658.
Jacket: Cross linked Polyolefin (XLPO) meets the requirements of AREMA Signal Manual Part 10.3.13 and ICEA S-95-658.
- Low smoke - zero halogen construction.
- Insulating - non-halogenated Okonite proprietary EPR.
- Extreme heat resistance.
- 90°C Continuous Rating
130°C Emergency Overload Rating
300°C Short Circuit Rating.
- Mechanically Rugged
- Exceptional resistance to deterioration and cut through at high temperatures.
- Meets the ICEA T-30-520 and IEEE 383 vertical tray flame test.
- Sunlight Resistant.
- Resistant to oils, weather and most chemical and alkalies.
- Stable electrical properties at high temperatures.
- Voltage rating: 2000 Volts
- 600V, 1000V, 2400V and 5000V cables also available.