Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Type DEL, Diesel-Electric Locomotive Traction and Car Wires is designed for use in locomotives and car equipment circuits where reliability is for prime consideration. DEL can also be used in other low voltage applications where flexibility is important. It is suitable for use in wet or dry locations, in conduits, ducts, cable troughs or trays.
Okonite EPR® is Okonite’s trade name for its heat resistant, mechanically rugged ethylene-propylene based insulating compound. The insulation thickness for DEL numbers 002 and 004 is 2/64”, for 008 through 016 is 3/64”, 018 through 026 is 4/64”, 030 through 040 is 5/64”, 044 and 048 is 6/64”, 050 through 056 is 7/64” and for 058 it is 8/64”.
Jackets and Finishes
The Okolon TS-CPE jacket supplied with this cable provides excellent resistance to mechanical abuse, flame, weathering, most oils, acids and alkalies.
Conductor: Coated copper stranded per AREMA Recommended Practice, Section M, RP-588, as applicable and ICEA S-95-658.
Insulation: Per AREMA Recommended Practice, Section M, RP-588, as applicable and ICEA S-95-658.
Jacket: Per AREMA Recommended Practice, Section M, RP-588, as applicable and ICEA S-95-658.
- Extreme heat resistance.
- Extra flexible conductor.
- 90°C Continuous Rating,
110°C Hot Spot Rating,
130°C emergency Overload Rating,
300°C Short Circuit Rating.
- Mechanically rugged.
- Exceptional resistance to deformation and cut through at high temperature.
- Excellent flame resistance. Meets both UL vertical and horizontal flame test requirements.
- Resistant to oils, weather and most chemicals and alkalies.
- Stable electrical properties at high temperatures.
- Meets the RHH/RHW requirements of NEC/UL and can be labeled as such on special orders.