Price (Per FT.)
Okonite’s Type SP-OS (Shielded pairs or triads - Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are designed for use on Class 1 Remote-Control Signaling circuits or where a 600V cable is desired, as instrumentation, process control, or computer cable transmitting signals at levels above 100 mili-volts in circuits where maximum noise protection is required. Protection from interference among groups as well as external sources is provided by individual group shields as well as an overall cable shield. For use indoors or outdoors; wet or dry locations; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; for direct burial; in Class I, Division 2, Class II, Division 2 or Class III,Division 2 hazardous locations. Also for use as non power limited fired protective signaling cable (NPLF) per NEC Code 760. As an option, type TC cables can be labeled Okomarine to be used in ABS and Coast Guard approved marine applications, on special order
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation and Jacket: Flame-retardant Okoseal® (PVC), 15 mils nominal thickness, nylon jacket, 4 mil nominal thickness, 90°C temperature rating, per UL Standard 1277.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, white and red in triads.
Assembly: Pair or triad assembled with left-hand lay.
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Jacket: Black, flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal per UL Standard 1277, 90°C temperature rating. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
Classifications: UL Listed as Type TC Article 336 of the National Electrical Code.
- Passes the UL 1277 and IEEE 383-1974 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes IEEE 1202-1991 vertical tray flame test (8 pr #18 and 4 pr #16 and larger).
- May be combined with 600V power and control cables in the same tray.
- Sunlight resistant & oil resistant..
- UL listed for direct burial (8/pr #16 AWG or larger).
- Individual pair or triads are numbered and color-coded for simplified hook-up.
- 100% shielded coverage for reduced electrostatic noise pick-up.
- Good external noise rejection.
- Excellent weathering characteristics.
- OSHA Acceptable.
- Flexible, easy to handle and terminate.
- May be used in approved marine applications.
- Suitable for low temperature installation to -40°C.