Price (Per FT.)
Okotherm CIC 600 volt power cables are used in systems where, in the event of a fire, circuit integrity is required in order to maintain a process or to safely shut down the process. Fire resistance is determined by compliance to the IEC 60331 circuit integrity fire test. Okotherm CIC cables maintain circuit integrity based on qualification to the IEC standard 60331 for all temperatures and times up to and including 2000°F for three hours. When exposed to a fire, the Okotherm CIC insulation becomes an electrically insulating ceramic-like ash that is capable of maintaining the operating voltage.
Okotherm CIC CLX Type MC-HL cables with the impervious, continuous aluminum corrugated sheath are recommended as an alternative to a wire conduit system. These cables may be installed indoors or outdoors, in wet or dry locations, as open runs of cable secured to supports not more than six feet apart, in cable tray, as an aerial cable on a messenger, in any approved raceway, direct burial, or encased in concrete. They are also approved for use in Class I & II, Division 1 and 2, Class III, Division 1 and 2 and Class I, Zones1&2 hazardous locations per NEC Articles 501, 502, 503, and 505.
Okotherm CIC CLX Type MC-HL power cables are authorized for use on services, feeders and branch circuits for power, lighting, control and signaling circuits in accordance with NEC articles 330 and 725.
Nickel coated or tinned coated copper conductors, Okotherm CIC fire resistant thermoset silicone insulation, with FR tape if required, color or number coded fiber glass braid, cabled conductors, grounding conductor, cable tape, aluminum CLX sheath, Okoseal (PVC) jacket.
Conductors: Tinned Coated Copper or Nickel Coated Copper
Insulation: Okotherm Thermoset Silicone, with FR tape if required
Color Code: ICEA S-73-532, Method 3 or 5
Grounding Conductor(s): Uninsulated, same metal as phase conductor
Braid: Fiber Glass Braid
Armor-CLX: Continuously Welded and
Outer Jacket: Black PVC
Applicable Industry Standards:
— UL 1569, 2225 & 1309 — ICEA S-95-658 (NEMA WC70), ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC 57) — ASTM B-33 & B-355
IEC 60331, ICEA T-29-520, IEEE 1202
- UL Listed as Type MC-HL cable E38916 and Marine Shipboard Cable E137931.
- UL Listed for cable tray use, direct burial (2/C 14 AWG and larger) and sunlight resistant.
- Passes the IEEE 383-1974 and IEEE 1202-1991 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes the 210,000 BTU ICEA T-29-520 Vertical Tray Flame Test.
- Complete pre-packaged, factory-tested wiring system — color coded.
- C-L-X cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable UL standards.
- 90°C continuous operating temperature in all types of installations.
- 130°C emergency rating.
- 250°C short circuit rating.
- Good EMI shielding characteristics.
- Impervious, continuous metallic sheath excludes moisture, gases and liquids.
- Reduced sealing fitting requirements in Class I, Division 2 or Zone 2 hazardous locations (NEC Section 501.15(E)(3) or 505.16(C)(2)(c).
- Lower installed system cost than conduit or EMT systems.
- Provides excellent grounding safety.
- Excellent compression and impact resistance.
- Continuous long lengths.
- Minimum installation temperature of -40°C or °F.
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) listed as CWCMC Type MC-HL.
- Fire Resistant - qualified to 2000°F for 3 hours per IEC 60331.
- Optional LSZH jacket available.