Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Okozel Type P-OS (Pair/triad - Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are recommended for use in either nuclear powered or fossil fueled generating stations where continuity of critical control circuits is of primary importance. Designed for use as instrumentation, process control, and computer cables in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required; indoors or outdoors; in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 150°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors; for direct burial. Suitable Class I, Division 2; Class II, Division 2; or Class III, Division 2 hazardous locations. Also for use as Power-Limited fire protective signaling cable (FPL) per NEC Code 760.
Okozel instrumentation cables are also recommended for high ambient temperature areas up to 150°C (302°F) in industrial applications or for cold weather installations in excess of -65°C (-85°F).
Insulation and Jacket
Okozel is Okonite’s trade name for ETFE Fluoropolymer, a modified Ethylene
Tetrafluoroethylene. Okozel is extremely rugged with excellent resistance to cut-through and abrasion. It is chemically inert. Okozel is flame-retardant and non-propagating, passes the IEEE 383 vertical tray flame test, and is rated “non-burning” under ASTM D635. It is rated for 150°C (302°F) conductor operating temperature for continuous use (90°C within the containment area) and retains all useful physical properties at temperatures down to -100°C (-148°F).
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation and Jacket: Flame-retardant Okoseal® (PVC), 15 mils nominal thickness, nylon jacket, 4 mil nominal thickness, 90°C temperature rating, per UL Standard 1277.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, white and red in triads.
Assembly: Pair or triad assembled with left-hand lay.
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Jacket: Black, heavy duty, flame-retardant, radiation, oil, fuel, and chemical-resistant Okozel. Cable meets or exceeds the requirements of UL Standard 13 and 2250, NEMA HP-100, and is rated “non-burning” under ASTM D635.
Classifications: UL Listed as ITC/PLTC - Instrument Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 727 and Article 725 of the National Electrical Code. The cables comply with UL 2250 and UL Standard 13 for PLTC, CL2 and CL3.
- 100% shield coverage for reduced electro-static noise.
- Twisted to reduce electromagnetic pick-up.
- Good noise rejection.
- Low surface friction provides easier installation.
- Smaller and lighter diameter permits more cables per tray.
- 150°C continuous operating temperature, 90°C in containment area.
- Cold installation temperature in excess of -65°C.
- Exceptional abrasion resistance will not cut or tear.
- Flame-retardant and non-propagating. Passes IEEE 383 and UL Vertical Tray Flame Tests.
- Low smoke emission.
- Chemically inert - unaffected by typical acids, bases, solvents and cleaning agents, fuels and hydraulic fluids.
- High dielectric strength.
- Low dielectric constant.
- Special designs available that are qualified for nuclear generating stations in accordance with IEEE Standards 383-74 and 323-74.