Price (Per FT.)
Okonite Okozel Type SP-OS (Pair/triad - Individual and Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are recommended for use in either nuclear powered or fossil fueled generating stations where continuity of critical control circuits is of primary importance. Designed for use as instrumentation, process control, and computer cables in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where maximum shielding against external interference is required, as well as shielding among groups, particularly where the cable may be subject to abnormally high current or voltage interference; indoors or outdoors; in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 150°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors; for direct burial. Suitable Class I, Division 2; Class II, Division 2; or Class III, Division 2 hazardous locations. Listed for 1E Nuclear Station applications (meets LOCA requirements). Also for use as Power-Limited fire protective signaling cable (FPL) per NEC Code 760.
Okozel instrumentation cables are also recommended for high ambient temperature areas up to 150°C (302°F) in industrial applications or for cold weather installations in excess of -65°C (-85°F).
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Flame-retardant, radiation-resistant Okozel, a modified ETFE fluoropolymer. Cable meets or exceeds requirements for UL Standards 13 and 2250.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, white and red in triads.
Group Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand coated copper drain wire, two sizes smaller than the conductor. All group shields are completely isolated from each other.
Communications Wire: 22 AWG, solid, bare copper conductor, 7 mils nominal Okozel insulation.
Assembly: Pairs or triads assembled with a 1½”-2 ½” left-hand lay. Flame-retardant, non-wicking fillers included where required to provide a round cable, polyester tape overall.
Cable Shield: Aluminum-nylon-polyester tape overlapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand coated copper drain wire, same size as conductor.
Jacket: Flame-retardant, radiation, oil, fuel, and chemical-resistant Okozel. Cable meets or exceeds the requirements of UL 13 and UL 2250, NEMA HP-100 and is rated “non-burning” under ASTM D635.
Classifications: UL Listed as ITC/PLTC - Instrument Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 727 and 725 of the National Electrical Code.
The cables comply with UL 2250 and UL 13 for PLTC, CL2 and CL3.
- Individual pairs or triads are numbered and color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Individual pairs or triads are completely isolated.
- Maximum noise rejection.
- Communication wire included in each cable for voice communication during installation or instrument calibration.
- 100% shield coverage for reduced electro-static noise.
- Twisted to reduce electromagnetic pick-up.
- Low surface friction provides easier installation.
- Smaller and lighter diameter permits more cables per tray.
- 150°C continuous operating temperature,
90°C in containment area.
- Cold installation temperature in excess of -65°C.
- Exceptional abrasion resistance will not cut or tear.
- Flame-retardant and non-propagating. Passes IEEE 383 and UL Vertical Tray Flame Tests.
- Low smoke emission.
- Chemically inert - unaffected by typical acids, bases, solvents and cleaning agents, fuels and hydraulic fluids.
- High dielectric strength.
- Low dielectric constant.
- Special designs available that are qualified for nuclear generating stations in accordance with IEEE Standards 383-74 and 323-74.