Price (Per FT.)
P-45 control cables are recommended as economical, high quality, general purpose low voltage control cables, for use in wet or dry locations, ac or dc service, in conduit, duct, troughs, or direct burial installations
Okolene® is Okonite’s trade name for its natural polyethylene insulation with outstanding dielectric strength. The insulation thickness is 30 mils.
Jackets and Finishes
The 15 mil Okoseal® (PVC) jacket over the individual conductors provides additional mechanical strength. The color coding used in these cables is in accordance with ICEA Standard S-73-532, Table E-1. The six, standard, solid-base colors, in order are: black, white, red, green, orange and blue, followed by permanent tracer colors, black, white, red, and green, to code a total of 21 conductors. The Okoseal (PVC) outer jacket supplied with these cables has excellent resistance to oil and most chemicals.
Conductors: Class “B” stranded bare copper, per ASTM B-8 (except #9 AWG which is Class “C” stranding).
Insulation: Okolene (polyethylene) meets or exceeds applicable requirements of ICEA S-73-532.
Jacket: Meet or exceed applicable requirements of ICEA S-73-532.
Assembled with fillers where necessary, non-hygroscopic tape and Okoseal jacket overall.
- Color coded for permanent identification.
- Rated 75°C continuous operating temperature.
- Small diameter, light weight.
- Mechanically tough.
- Excellent moisture and heat resistance.
- Flexible, easy to handle.
- Outstanding resistance to most oils, acids and alkalies.
- High dielectric strength.
- Excellent electrical properties in wet or dry locations, ac or dc.