Price (Per FT.)
Okonite® Type P-OS (Pairs/triads - Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are designed for use as instrumentation, process control in ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and 5 amps (750VA) and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required; indoors or outdoors’ in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 105°C; in cable trays; in raceways; supported by a messenger wire; under raised floors. Suitable Class I, Division 2, Class II, Division 2, or Class III, Division 2 hazardous locations. Also for use as Power-Limited fire protective signaling cable (FPL) per NEC Code 760.
The overall shield eliminates most of the static interference from the electric field radiated by power cables and other electrical equipment.
For dc service in wet locations X-Olene® insulation is recommended.
Conductors: Bare soft annealed copper, Class B, 7-strand concentric per ASTM B-8.
Insulation: Flame-retardant Okoseal® (PVC) per UL Standard 13 and 2250, 15 mils nominal thickness, 105°C temperature rating.
Conductor Identification: Pigmented black and white in pairs, black, red and white in triads. Pair or triad assembled with left-hand lay.
Communication Wire: 22 AWG, solid, bare copper conductor, 12 mils nominal flame-retardant Okoseal insulation, 105°C rating.
Assembly: Pairs or triads assembled with left hand lay. Fillers included where required to provide a round cable.
Cable Shield: Aluminum/Polyester tape over-lapped to provide 100% coverage, and a 7-strand tinned copper drain wire, same size as the conductor.
Jacket: Black, flame-retardant, low temperature Okoseal®(PVC) per UL 13 and UL Standard 2250. A rip cord is laid longitudinally under the jacket to facilitate removal.
Classifications: UL Listed as ITC/PLTC - Instrument Tray Cable/Power Limited Tray Cable for use in accordance with Article 727 and Article 725 of the National Electrical Code.
These Cables comply with UL Standard 2250 and UL Standard 13 for PLTC, CL2 and CL3.
- Passes the UL 1581 and IEEE 383-1974 vertical tray flame tests.
- Passes IEEE 1202 vertical tray flame test (8 Pr #18 and 4 Pr #16 & larger).
- Sunlight & oil resistant.
- Individual pairs or triads are numbered and color coded for simplified hook-up.
- Good external noise rejection
- Excellent weathering characteristics.
- OSHA Acceptable.
- Flexible, easy to handle, splice and terminate.
- 100% shield coverage for reduced electromagnetic noise pick-up.
- Communication wire included in each cable for voice communication during installation or instrument calibration.
- Suitable for low temperature installation of -40°C.