Price (Per FT.)
X-Olene FMR low voltage power and control cables are recommended for use in power generating plants, combined cycle power units, co-generation plants and in substations; designed especially for critical circuits where continuity of service is of prime importance. These cables are TC-ER listed and meet UL requirements. As TC-ER cable, they are permitted for use on power, lighting, control, and signal circuits; indoors or outdoors; in cable trays, raceways, direct burial in the ground, or where supported in outdoor locations by a messenger; for Class 1 circuits as permitted by Article 725 of the NEC; and in cable trays in Class I Division 2 hazardous locations in industrial establishments where the conditions of maintenance and supervision assure that only qualified persons will service the installation.
Cables marked TC-ER may also be used between a cable tray and the utilization equipment or device, when installed in accordance with NEC 336.10(7).
X-Olene FMR is Okonite’s trade name for its heat, moisture, and flame resistant, crosslinked polyethylene insulating compound.
Okolon-TP-CPE is a thermoplastic chlorinated polyethylene compound. This jacket has excellent resistance to moisture, ozone, oil and many chemicals.
Conductors: Uncoated soft copper per ASTM B-3. Sizes smaller than #8 are compress stranded per ASTM B-8. Sizes #8 and larger are compact stranded per ASTM B-496.
Insulation: Okoseal insulation with nylon covering per UL 1581.
Color Coding: Base colors and tracers as shown on reverse of Data Sheet.
Grounding Conductor(s): Where indicated, bare stranded copper per ASTM B-8 for sizes #7 AWG and smaller, compact round for sizes #8 AWG and larger per ASTM B-496 and in accordance with NEC Table 250.122.
Assembly: Conductors cabled in accordance with UL 1277 and 1309 using fillers, as necessary, with a cable tape overall.
Overall Jacket: Complies with UL 1277. The Okolon-TP-CPE compound meets or exceeds the requirements of UL 1581, ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC57) & ICEA S-95-658 (NEMA WC70).
UL Listed as Type TC-ER cable with a sunlight resistant jacket and for direct burial.
Sizes 4 AWG and larger, without a grounding conductor, are Type TC only (not ER).
- Complies with UL 1277. The OkolFor cable tray use.
- For direct burial.
- Sunlight resistant.
- Insulated conductors are UL rated XHHW-2 and VW-1.
- Flame Retardant - passes the vertical tray flame test requirements of IEEE 383-1974 & 1202-1991 and UL 1277 and ICEA T-29-520 (210,000 BTU/hr.).
- UL listed for cable tray use.
- 90°C continuous rating in wet or dry locations
130°C emergency overload rating
250°C short circuit rating.
- X-Olene FMR Okolon-TP-CPE Type TC-ER cables are quality control inspected to meet or exceed applicable industry standards.
- Resistant to moisture and most chemical atmospheres.
- Thermal stability at elevated temperatures.
- Easy to install and terminate.
- Mechanically rugged.
- High dielectric strength.
- Small diameter, lightweight.