Price (Per FT.)
|Conductor:||- Silver plated copper (also available in nickel plated copper)|
|Insulation:||- Extruded PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene) insulation|
|Voltage||- 600 Volts|
- Used in military harnessing (meets MIL-W-16878/4)-200°C
- For power and control use in power plants and other operations where wire is exposed to acids, oils, moisture, and high temperature
- UL Applications 200°C
-18 AWG and smaller UL recognized as UL 1213
PTFE Additional Information:
- All colors may be striped
- All colors may be twisted
- Available in 7 strand and solid conductor constructions
Industry standards for manufacturing allowes for splices per the following:
- 24 AWG and 22 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 4 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 12 per 5,000'
- 20 AWG through 16 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 5 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 12 per 5,000'
- 14 AWG through 10 AWG - 50' min lengths no more than 4 lengths per 1,000', 50' min lengths no more than 8 per 2,000', 50' min lengths no more than 9 per 3,000'
TYPE E 16 AWG 19 STRANDS PTFE TEFLON CABLE
The type E cable is mostly applied in medium weight applications but can function very well in punishing environments. Wires are mostly categorized in to sizes. The type E cable is categorized in to the AWG sizes, a standard used in North America for naming wire gauges. The Type E cable conductor is of 16 AWG in size with 19 strands just as its name implies. It is rated at 600 volts and can function in a wide range of temperature of up to 2000C. On this post ill share with you some of the amazing specifications of the type E wire. Let’s get on to the details.
Type E cable has a very simple design which comprises of a conductor and insulation.
The conductor transmits power from one point to another in the cable. The conductor of the type E cable is constructed from silver plated copper. As hinted earlier in the article the conductor is stranded. The stranding enhances the flexibility of the cable hence easy to install and transport, it also enables the cable to carry more current. The conductor also has a reasonable size which makes it transmit current effectively and with ease.
It enhances safety since it protects users from hazards such as shock. It also protects the conductor from damage. The insulation of this cable is constructed from extruded PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene). It is highly resistant to oils, moisture, acids, chemicals, industrial solvents and extremely high temperatures. Available in various colors including black, white, green, blue, gray, orange and other various colors.
It can be used in numerous applications not exceeding 600 volts. Type E cable can also be used in military harnessing, power and control in power plants and in applications of 2000C as specified by UL.