Price (Per FT.)
• Reduces installation costs up to 50% over pipe and wire.
• Lightweight aluminum armor--as much as 45% lighter than steel MC Cable.
• UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems: W-J-3037, W-L-3110, W-L-3113, W-L-3117,
W-L-3120, W-L-3121, W-L-3160, C-AJ-3115, C-AJ-3140, C-AJ-3142, C-AJ-3145, C-AJ-3173, C-AJ-3202, C-AJ-4065,
Armorlite ® Type MC Cable - "PVC Jacketed" is constructed with soft-drawn, copper Type THHN/THWN
conductors rated 90°C dry/ 75°C wet, and a green insulated grounding conductor. The conductors are cabled together and a
binder tape is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly. A black flame
retardant PVC jacket is applied over the armor. The jacket is available in other colors upon request subject to economic order
quantites. The standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke" or "LS" Rating. An optional SOLONON Jacket can be
provided for "LS" Rating.
• Wet Location rated per Section 330.10(11)(C) of the National Electrical Code ® 2011 Edition
• Direct burial applications, installation in concrete and where exposed to cinder fills, strong chlorides, caustic alkalis, or
vapors of chlorine or of hydrochloric acids.
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• As i nstallation in cable tray, approved raceways, or as aerial cable on a messenger.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
STANDARDS & REFERENCES:
Armorlite Type MC Cable - Multi-Circuit comply with the following:
• UL 83, 1569, and 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• The National Electrical Code/ NFPA 70 ®
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2 and 3 Hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems
• Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202" (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test
Type MC Armorlite Lightweight Aluminum PVC 600V
ArmorliteType MC Cable conductor is made of soft drawn copper conductors. This cable is for use in power lines not exceeding 600 volts. It has an operational temperature rating of up to 900C. The cable is armored with an aluminum interlocking strip which offers a great mechanical protection from impulses. A black color coded PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is applied over the armor. Type MC Armorlite is a lightweight cable and thus not labor intensive; this makes it a cost effective option over other piped wire installations.
The conductor ismade of soft drawn copper which is a good electrical conductor. Copper has good sagging effect and a low resistance. Soft conductors are lightweight and flexible and hence easy to carry and install.
Approvals and Certifications
• Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 83, 1569 and 1685
• National Electrical Code (NEC), or NFPA 70®
• Flame Test, FT 4
• IEEE 1202 vertical cable tray flame test
• Federal Specification A-A59544
Insulation and Jacketing
Copper conductors and the grounding wire are individually insulated with the PVC. Jacketing is the outer covering that offers an additional chemical and mechanical protection to type MC Cable. It is made of Polyvinyl Chloride which is flame retardant and will keep the cable safe from fire attacks. PVC is non-conducting and will protect the user from risks like electric shocks when handling the cable. The polyvinyl chloride jacketing is also non-biodegradable and will not succumb to decomposition even when installed through direct burials. PVC improves the service life of Type MC PVC Cable.
• It is a dual serving cable which can serve in both wet and dry environmental conditions.
• Fire alarms
• Wiring control signals
• Light lamps interconnection