Price (Per FT.)
• Lightweight aluminum armor--as much as 45% lighter than steel MC Cable.
• UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems: W-J-3037, W-L-3110, W-L-3113, W-L-3117,
• W-L-3120, W-L-3121, W-L-3160, C-AJ-3115, C-AJ-3140, C-AJ-3142, C-AJ-3145, C-AJ-3173, C-AJ-3202, C-AJ-4065,C-AJ-4066, F-C-3038.
• Cable reverse wound on reel for ease of pulling and installation. When pulling from coils, pull from inside to ensure ease of installation.
• Anti-short bushings are not required for use with MC cable per the NEC and UL
• Feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations.
• Environmental air-handling spaces per NEC 300.22 (C).
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
STANDARDS & REFERENCES:
• UL 83
• UL 1569
• UL 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202" (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test
• National Electrical Code
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2, and 3 Hour Through-Penetration Fire Stop Systems
Type MC Cable is constructed with soft-drawn copper, Type THHN/THWN-2 conductors rated 90°C dry, and a bare copper grounding conductor for sizes 1/0 AWG and larger. The conductors are cabled together and a binder tape bearing the print legend is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly. Standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke or LS Rating". Optional SOLONON Jacket can be provided for "LS" Rating.
Type MC Armorlite Copper Conductor
Type MC Cable is designed with soft drawn type THHN/THWN-2 copper conductors. The cable is meant to perform at temperatures not exceeding 900C. A bare grounding copper conductor measuring 1/0 AWG is bonded to the insulated copper wires to drain extra charges. These conductors are cabled together in a jacket and wrapped with a binder tape.
Copper wires are softened through the process of annealing. Whereby the conductors are heated at high temperatures and allowed to cool, without interfering with their electrical conductive properties. Annealed conductors are flexible and easier to lift, bend and install than rigid and stiff cables.
Approvals and Certifications
The cable is approved at certified as per:
• National Electrical Code (NEC)
• Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 1685, 1569, and 83
• Federal Specification A-A59544
• Flame Test, FT4
• IEEE 1202 vertical cable tray
Insulation of Type MC Armorlite Conductor provides a superb protection from direct chemical and mechanical attacks. PVC is non-conducting and will not subject the user to risks such as electrocution. It is abrasive resistant and thus improves the service life of this cable.
The jacket is made of PVC. The Polyvinyl chloride jacketing is color coded for easy identification. It offers resilient protection from fires and strong sunlight radiations. PVC is also non-biodegradable and will withstand fungal attacks.
• Interconnecting light lamps
• Controlling power units
• Alarm signals
• Heavy industrial motors
• Marine cable rigs
Frequently asked Questions - Type MC Armorlite Copper Conductor
What are the advantages of the aluminum armor in the Type MC Armorlite Copper Conductor cable?
What are the industry standards that the Type MC Armorlite Copper Conductor meets?
The Type MC Type MC Armorlite Copper Conductor is designed to meet and exceed the following industry standards-
How can I identify the Copper Conductors?
The copper conductors come color coded for easy identification. You can easily make out the phase conductor as it comes in black with a printed I.D. The grounding conductor is usually bare and you will find that normally the cable comes in a set of 3 or 4 conductors.
How is theType MC Armorlite Copper Conductor cable constructed?
The conductors are soft-drawn copper and are THHN/THWN-2 which means that it can be used as either a dry location cable orfor a wet location. The conductors are seen cabled together with a binder tape and a print legend is wrapped around them. Next goes the aluminum interlocking armor assembly.
Does theArmorlite Copper Conductor cable meet the LS (Limited Smoke) rating?
No, it does not, as it comes with only a standard PVC jacket. However, if you want a jacket that meets with LS rating, then you can ask for a SOLONON Jacket.
Can I use the Armorlite Copper Conductor cable in residential buildings?
Yes, you can as the cable is suitable for a lot of applications including residential and institutional buildings. However, this cable can be used in industrial and commercial applications, where it may be exposed to hazardous conditions.
How can I use theType MC Armorlite Copper Conductor cable?
The cable can be used as per the NEC 300.22 for various types of circuits including power, signal and lighting. It can be embedded in plaster or fished. The cable can be used in exposed installations as well as in concealed ones. It can also be used in raceways and cable trays.