Price (Per FT.)
A flexible, shielded power cable specifically engineered for use in variable frequency AC motor drive (VFD) applications.
Stranded tinned copper circuit conductors
Crossed-linked polyolefin (XLP), flexible and low dielectric
Black sunlight resistant polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
262 MCM and larger: black and numbered 4/0AWG and smaller: red, white, black
Sizes 8AWG and larger: Heliically applied 5 mil bare copper tape providing 100% coverage. *10AWG and smaller: Tin-coated copper braid plus aluminum/ polyester tape providing 100% coverage.
Three symmetrically placed flexible stranded tinned copper conductors in direct contact with the shield
- UL Listed as Type TC-ER 600V
- UL Listed as 1kV Flexible Motor Supply Cable (up to 4/0 AWG)
- 90°C Temperature Rating • FT-4 and IEEE 1202 Flame Ratings
- Sunlight Resistant • Oil Resistant (Oil Res I)
- Direct Burial • Meets crush and impact requirements for Type MC cable
- Permitted for Exposed Run (“ER”) use in accordance with the NEC
- Permitted for use in Class 1, Division 2 and Zone 2 industrial hazardous locations per the NEC
Industrial Multi Conductor with Ground Shielded XLP Insulation 600/1KV VFD cable
The Ground Shielded XLP Insulation cable is made of a stranded tin-plated copper conductor. Due to the high corrosion rate of copper through oxidation when exposed to the atmosphere, it is tin plated to curb the corrosive effect on the copper. The copper conductors are further stranded to increase flexibility and to lower the resistance of the wire.
The copper conductor is insulated with a Crossed-linked polyolefin (XLP). XPL is a strong synthetic elastomer which is highly saturated and stable. It is highly resistant to electricity and insoluble to polar solvents, chemical and bases that would otherwise destroy the conductor. Insulation is basically done to increase safety of handlers and avoid short-circuits. XPL is very flexible to allow for the folding of the cable for easy transportation or installation.
The cables have different colors for easy phase identification during installation, these colors are red, white black.
The multiple conductors are bound under one polyvinyl chloride PVC jacket. PVC is a thermoplastic polymer which is a flame retardant and sun resistant. It is tough and abrasion proof. It protects both the conductors and insulator from mechanical and physical damage.
These conductors have to be shielded from electrical interference. For Sizes over 8AWG a: Bare copper tape provides 100% coverage while for10AWG tin-coated copper plus aluminum tape which provides the 100% coverage.
Approvals and Certifications
• UL Listed,TC-ER 600V.
• UL Listed, 1kV Motor Cable of 4/0 AWG.
• Flame Ratings IEEE 1202 and FT-4.
• Permitted by NEC for Exposed Run (ER).
• Permitted by NEC for use in hazardous locations.