Price (Per FT.)
• An additional grounding conductor for isolated or redundant grounding.
• Reduces installation costs up to 50% over pipe and wire.
• Lightweight aluminum armor--as much as 45% lighter than steel MC Cable.
• UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems: W-J-3037, W-L-3110, W-L-3113, W-L-3117,
• W-L-3120, W-L-3121, W-L-3160, C-AJ-3115, C-AJ-3140, C-AJ-3142, C-AJ-3145, C-AJ-3173, C-AJ-3202, C-AJ-4065,
• C-AJ-4066, F-C-3038.
• Cable reverse wound on reel for ease of pulling and installation. When pulling from coils, pull from inside to ensure ease of installation.
• Available in full line of product sizes and constructions.
• Anti-short bushings are not required for use with MC cable per the NEC and UL
• Applications requiring redundant, dedicated or isolated grounding paths.
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• For sensitive electronic equipment.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations.
• Environmental air-handling spaces per NEC 300.22 (C).
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
STANDARDS & REFERENCES:
• UL 83
• UL 1569
• UL 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• The National Electrical Code
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2 and 3 Hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems
• Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202" (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test
Type MC Cable - Isolated Ground is constructed with soft-drawn copper, Type THHN/THWN conductors rated 90°C dry available in sizes 12 AWG and 10 AWG, and two insulated grounding conductors--one solid green and the second green with yellow stripes. The conductors are cabled together and a binder tape bearing the print legend is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly. The standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke" or "LS" Rating. An optional SOLONON Jacket can be provided for "LS" Rating.
Isolated ground Type MC lightweight aluminum interlocked armor Armorlite copper conductor 600v
Type THHN Soft-drawn copper is the conductor material used in the Type MC lightweight aluminum Cable. Copper metal is ductile and therefore can be drawn into a wire. It has goodcurrent conduction property.
These conductors are available in two sizes; 12AWG and 10AWG. Grounding conductors are also available in solid green and green yellow-stripped insulators. These multiple conductors are bonded together and wrapped in a binding tape. A lightweight aluminum armor is interlocked round the cable assembly for uttermost protection against harsh environmental elements that would adversely affect the cable’s functionality. This conductor carries electricity with a voltage of up to 600V and works well within a temperature range of up to 900C.
There is need for insulating the conductors since Type MC lightweight aluminum armor cable carries electricity of high voltage which can easily electrocute a handler. The insulation material used for this cable is Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). PVC is a synthetic polymer which is an electric resistor and very tough. It is abrasion proof, weather and UV resistant, some of the properties that give it a long lifespan and easy workability. It is also very flexible therefore very supple and easily folded/unfoldedfor transport and installation.
• Used in grounding paths.
• Branch and feeder power distribution in large buildings.
• Lighting, power and control circuits.
• Used in sensitive electronic equipment.
• Used for exposed and concealed installations
• Cable trays and raceways.
• Hazardous Locations.
Approvals and certifications
• UL 83
• UL 1685
• UL 1569
• Certified by National Electrical Code
• Listed as per UL 1, 2 and 3 Hour Firestop Systems
• Passes the UL Test & FT4/IEEE 1202 Flame Test