Price (Per FT.)
• Reduces installation costs up to 50% over pipe and wire.
• Lightweight aluminum armor--as much as 45% lighter than steel MC Cable.
• UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems: W-J-3037, W-L-3110, W-L-3113, W-L-3117,
• W-L-3120, W-L-3121, W-L-3160, C-AJ-3115, C-AJ-3140, C-AJ-3142, C-AJ-3145, C-AJ-3173, C-AJ-3202, C-AJ-4065,
• C-AJ-4066, F-C-3038.
• Cable reverse wound on reel for ease of pulling and installation. When pulling from coils, pull from inside to ensure ease of installation.
• Anti-short bushings are not required for use with MC cable per the NEC and UL
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations.
• Environmental air-handling spaces per NEC 300.22 (C).
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
• UL 83
• UL 1569
• UL 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• FT4/IEEE 1202 (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2 and 3 Hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems
Type MC Cable is constructed with soft-drawn copper, Type THHN/THWN conductors rated 90°C dry available in sizes 14 AWG through 2 AWG, and a green insulated grounding conductor. The conductors are cabled together and a binder tape bearing the print legend is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly.
Type Mc Lightweight Aluminum Interlocked Armor Armorlite Copper 600v Cable
The MC Lightweight Armorlite cable is designed to help in power distributions of up to 600 volts. Just as the name would infer, this cable is lightweight and thus less labor intensive. Lightweight Type MC Cable requires less effort to move and carry along. The conductors are insulated and the grounding wire is left bare for maximum performance.
This cable is made of soft drawn copper conductors of high conductivity and flexibility. Flexible Type MC Armorlite cable is easy to fold and twist. Copper has good electrical conductive properties which help in improving the performance of this cable.
Approvals and Certifications
The cable is approved at certified as per:
• Federal Specification A-A59544
• Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 83, 1569, and 1685
• National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 300.22
• IEEE 1202 vertical cable tray
Insulation and Jacketing
Polyvinyl Chloride insulation ensures safety of the cable and the user is not infringed. PVC is non-conducting and creates a boundary between the conductors to prevent them from any contacts. This improves the electrical conductivity of this cable as it eliminates electric faults that may arise. It also keeps the handler safe from electrocution. Jacketing offers an additional chemical and mechanical protection to the cable. PVC jacketing is color coded for identification.
The cable is armored with an aluminum interlocking strip for maximum protection. Aluminum armor keeps the cable safe from the harsh environmental conditions. Armored Type MC Armorlite cable is self-supportive during vertical installation. This cable is cost effective over conduits and ducts.
• Fire alarm systems
• Power controlling units
• Wiring lighting lamps