Price (Per FT.)
• An oversized neutral conductor per multiple phases for applications affected by harmonics.
• Reduces installation costs up to 50% over pipe and wire.
• Lightweight aluminum armor--as much as 45% lighter than steel MC Cable.
• UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems: W-J-3037, W-L-3110, W-L-3113, W-L-3117,
• W-L-3120, W-L-3121, W-L-3160, C-AJ-3115, C-AJ-3140, C-AJ-3142, C-AJ-3145, C-AJ-3173, C-AJ-3202, C-AJ-4065,
• C-AJ-4066, F-C-3038.
• Cable reverse wound on reel for ease of pulling and installation. When pulling from coils, pull from inside to ensure ease of installation.
• Anti-short bushings are not required for use with MC cable per the NEC and UL
• Applicatons affected by harmonics generated from non-linear switching loads, such as computers, variable frequency drives, electrical test equipment, and office equipment.
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations.
• Environmental air-handling spaces per NEC 300.22 (C).
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
STANDARDS & REFERENCES:
• UL 83
• UL 1063
• UL 1569
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202" (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray
• Flame Test
• The 2011 National Electrical Code
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2 and 3 Hour Through Penetration Firestop Systems
Type MC Cable - Oversized Neutral is constructed with soft-drawn copper, Type THHN/THWN conductors rated 90°C dry available in sizes 12 AWG and 10 AWG, an oversized copper neutral conductor, and a green insulated grounding conductor. The conductors are cabled together and a binder tape bearing the print legend is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly. Refer to color chart for conductor color sequence. The standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke" or "LS" Rating.
Type MC Oversized Neutral Lightweight Aluminum Interlocked Armor Armorlite Copper Conductor 600V
Type MC Cable Oversize neutral lightweight cable is made from a soft-drawn copper conductor of type THWN/THHN. Copper metal has very good electrical and heat conduction properties. It transmits electricity with minimal power losses and it is also very light for easy transportation. The copper conductor is available in ratings of 10AWG and 12AWG.Type MC Oversized Neutral Lightweight Aluminum Interlocked Armor cable can operate within up to 900C in both wet and dry areas.
The conductors are made of copper which are assembled, cabled together and then a binder tape having a print legend is used to wrap the assembled conductors. After complete assembling, an interlocking armor made of aluminum is used to cover the assembly. This type of conductor assembly reduces power loss with. This set up is a heavy voltage cable which conducts transmits power of up to 600V.
To insulate this soft-drawn copper conductor, a Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) insulator is used. PVC is a thermoplastic organic compound which has high dielectric properties. It is very flexible and therefore enables to be winded and unwounded without breakage. It is also abrasion proof and highly resistant to UV lights and weather.
Approvals and Certifications
• UL 1063
• UL 1569
• UL 83
• Listed in UL 1, 2 and 3 with a Fire stop Penetration Systems.
• Passes the UL Test & FT4/IEEE 1202 tests
• Meets the Federal A-A59544 specifications
• Variable frequency drives,
• Electrical test equipment
• Office equipment.
• Power distribution in buildings.
• Power, control, lighting and signal circuits.
• Fished in plasters.
• Used for both Concealed and exposed installations.
• Cable tray and raceways installation