Price (Per FT.)
• Direct burial applications, installation in concrete and where exposed to cinder fills, strong chlorides, caustic alkalis, or vapors of chlorine or of hydrochloric acids.
• Branch, feeder and service power distribution in commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-residential buildings.
• Power, lighting, control, and signal circuits.
• Fished or embedded in plaster.
• Concealed or exposed installations
• Places of Assembly per NEC 518.4 and theaters per NEC 520.5.
• As aerial cable on a messenger.
• Installation in cable tray and approved raceways.
• Under raised floors for information technology equipment conductors and cables per NEC 645.5(D) & 645.5(D)(2).
• Class I Div. 2, Class II Div 2, & Class III Div. 1 Hazardous Locations.
STANDARDS & REFERENCES:
• UL 83
• UL 1569
• UL 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
• Jacketed & Non Jacketed will both pass " UL Test" & "FT4/IEEE 1202" (70,000 Btu/hr) Vertical Cable Tray Flame Test
• National Electrical Code
• Listed for use in UL 1, 2, and 3 Hour Through-Penetration Fire Stop Systems
Armorlite Type MC Cable - "PVC Jacketed" is constructed with soft-drawn, copper Type THHN/THWN-2conductors rated 90°C wet or dry, and a bare copper grounding conductor for sizes 1/0 AWG and larger. The conductors are cabled together and a binder tape is wrapped around the assembly. Aluminum interlocking armor is applied over the assembly. A black, flame retardant, sunlight resistant, PVC jacket is applied over the armor. The jacket is available in blue or gray colors upon request, subject to economic order quantities. Standard PVC Jacket will not meet "Limited Smoke or LS Rating".
Type MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed Copper Feeder Conductor
Type MC Armorlite refers to metal clad armored cable that is meant to serve as a feeder cable. This cable is made of copper type THHN/THWN conductors. The conductors are insulated individually and color coded for easy identification. A grounding wire which is left bare is closely laid on the conductors. It is wrapped with a binder tape to form the assembly. An interlocking armor of aluminum strip locks the cable assembly to provide an additional protection. The cable has an operational temperature rating at 900C for wet and dry locations.
The cable conductor is made of annealed copper which measures 10 AWG and the minimum length you can purchase is ten feet. Copper is a good conductor of electricity because it has little resistance to flow of current as compared to other naturally occurring conductors.
Approvals and Certifications
Type MC Armorlite Conductor is approved at certified as per:
• National Electrical Code (NEC) Article 520.5, 518.4, 645.5, and 645.5
• Underwriters Laboratory (UL) 83
• UL 1569
• UL 1685
• Federal Specification A-A59544
Insulation and Jacketing
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is used as insulation for this cable. It protects the conductors from moisture and direct sunlight radiations. It also improves the electrical conductivity of the cable by eliminating contacts between the conductors which would lead to power surges. A PVC jacketing ensures that the cable is resistant to fungal attacks and deformations.
Type MC Armorlite Feeder Conductor is for use in both wet and dry locations. The cable is desirable for use in areas subjected to cinder fills, caustic alkalis and chlorides. It is installed as service drop cable, branch and in feeders.
• Interconnecting signal circuits
• Wiring light lamps
• Power industrial machines
• Control systems
Write Your Own Review
Frequently Asked Questions - Type MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed Copper Feeder Conductor
What type of fittings should I choose for the Type MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed Copper Feeder Conductor Cable?
Fittings have to be chosen in accordance to the wiring method that is used. Information will be printed on the packaging to show the whether it can be used for Type MC cable.
Where can I use the Type MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed Copper Feeder Conductor cable?
The cable can be used anywhere as specified in NEC under general uses permitted for Type MC cables. This MC cable is specially designed for use in hazardous locations where it can be exposed to corrosive vapors, caustic alkalis or strong chlorides. It can also be used in residential applications as well as in institutional, commercial and industrial buildings. It is suitable for direct burial or installation in concrete applications. They can be used in cable trays, raceways and in a messenger as aerial cable.
Can the Type MC Armorlite PVC JacketedCopper Feeder Conductor Cable be used in wet locations?
Yes, it can, provided that it is installed correctly in accordance with NEC specifications. Moreover, Type MC cables are usually rated for outdoor use.
What is the proper way to install theType MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed cable?
Installation is like any other Type MC cable where you have to strip back the armor for exposing the conductor. You can either cut a ring around the cable or cut two adjacent strips with a cutter so that the armor just slides off. Then place a basket grip over the conductor assembly and tape them together with the armor. Ensure that there is proper cable support as specified in the NEC Section for Type MC installation.
What are the standards and references that the cable meets?
Generally, all our cables exceed the industry standards and this cable is no exception. The standards and references that it meets are –
- UL 83, 1569 and 1685
- Federal Specification A-A59544
- UL Test & FT4/IEEE 1202 (for both jacketed and non-jacketed)
How is the Type MC Armorlite PVC Jacketed Copper Feeder Conductor cable constructed?
The cable comes with a black PVC jacket that is flame retardant and sunlight resistant. You can also get the jacket in different colors such as blue or gray upon request. However, the jacket is not LS or Limited Smoke rated. The feeder conductors are made with soft-drawn copper that meets the requirements of Type THHN/THWN-2 conductors. It also has a bare copper grounding conductor. The conductors have a binder tape over the entire assembly and it is covered by interlocking aluminum armor.